X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Shoulderboards??

Dear All,

I need your help with the following:

Some time ago I bought a lot from Detlev which belonged to an officer who was a member of Wiking.
    Also the attached shoulderboards.

My question is: are these WSS Shoulderboards or are these Army (Pioneer) and if so what is the difference?

And I think it was possible, if these boards are Army, they were also worn by WSS??

Many thanks in advance

Best regards,

Rene
    Attached Files

And the back.

Ps I see this is my 1000st post
    Attached Files

Comment

Rene,
      I think these are army boards. But I think that you will find SS pionere officers did wear Heer army boards as well. I presume you bought an ss pionere officer lot. I have never seen an ss officer with black on black, are they out there, maybe. Would it make sense back then to just use heer pionere boards, I think so. Just my 2 cents. I think there was another thread out there with an ss pionere officer grouping that had heer boards as well. But if you want to just sell them, then they are sold as Heer.

Comment

These look to be Heer Pioneer shoulderboards, but many ss officers used Heer shoulderboards.
        Doug

Comment

I think posted at about the same time. But, to build on your point, there were ss pioneer shoulderboards. I have an example of one that has black piping with a black underlay.
          Doug

Comment

Originally posted by DougO View Post
            These look to be Heer Pioneer shoulderboards, but many ss officers used Heer shoulderboards.
            Doug
            agree, I have seen many army boards in Waffen SS use.

Comment

very cool. One of the officer ones I am missing. would appreciate it if you could post it if you ever get a chance.
              Thanks,
              Jerry

Originally posted by DougO View Post
              I think posted at about the same time. But, to build on your point, there were ss pioneer shoulderboards. I have an example of one that has black piping with a black underlay.
              Doug

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X