TK cufftitle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TK cufftitle question

Guys Im off to the Tulsa show tomorrow and will be in the hunt for an appropriate cufftitle for my model 43 tunic that Im restoring as a Totenkopf. I understand from the Bender series book 4 that Totenkopf,,,Eicke,,and Thule would be acceptable on this tunic. Im not going to sew the title to the tunic as there is no trace of there ever having been one there, will "paper clip" it in place for display. Opinions as to correctness would be appreciated as I dont want to have to trade my truck in to afford a TK title.

SS-Panzergrenadier Regiment 5 'Thule' personel normally wore the SS runes rather than the skull tab.

Ian.

Comment

Cufftitle

Excellent,,,strike that one off the list, its off to find an Eicke with some mileage on it!

Comment

SS Runes

Ian, what is your source of information regarding who in Totenkopf Division wears runes and who does not? I have seen many Artillery Officers in TK wearing runes, but I am very interested to know if there where specific regulations in TK as to who could wear runes and who could not. Thanx

Comment

My friend Bill has an SS-Oberscharfuhrer black panzer jacket with the RZM Thule cuffband and the embroidered (SS-Totenkopfverbande-style) skull collar tab on it. Thule was a relatively early Totenkopf Regiment - Eicke coming much later after Theodor's death. I'd also be interested regarding information about Thule supposedly wearing runic collar tabs versus skulls.

Always learning...
          Bob

Comment

On looking back I can't find where I got that from ... apologies all round ! ... looking at U.O.& H of the Waffen-SS v2 p112 it states :-

Members of the 5. SS-Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment "Thule" wore the "Thule" cuffband in block letters. The Totenkopf collar patch was worn.

However, on the same page it states :-

"Members of the 6. SS-Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment "Theodore Eicke" wore the "Theodore Eicke" cuffband in block letters *. The Totenkopf collar patch was worn (SS runes have been reported worn with this cuffband in isolated instances)."

(*Verordnungsblatt der Waffen-SS, March 15th 1943.)

Again, apologies. I knew I remember reading it somewhere ... same page wrong regiment ... not bad for 25 years since I read it though

Ian.

Comment

Ian- I've heard or read the same thing. I believe it had just been observed in photos rather than found in regulations...

Comment

Thule

Well my only observation has been regarding Artillery Officers not wearing the skull tab and I have no idea why they did not. As TK veterans are almost non-existent and do not like Americans we wil probably never know. I have an English friend and they also refused to talk to him several years ago! I do not blame them.

Comment

Thule

And Mr. Flanagan this means if you are at a Militaria show in Oklahoma and see one of these on a table you need to grab it and run hard, well after paying. They are exceptionally rare.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Cufftitle

Thanks guys and I printed that photo for easy reference while I wander the endless tables this weekend.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X