LSSAH Cyphers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doug,

Here's a link to the LAH Cypher thread I mentioned earlier. It's a discussion which I actually started about a set which was for sale on the e-stand earlier. The results, discussion, information, and photos posted turned out to be one of the best sources of information on the subject that I've seen anywhere. There are some extremely close-up photos of the fronts and backs of a couple of variations of original cyphers. So, I'd say it could also be very helpful to compare what you have to the information and photos in that thread. Again, here's the link:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=LAH+cyphers

If you haven't already seen that, I hope it helps.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Sayle F View Post
      This set was a direct vet purchase. All the original sets that I have handled are very light weight and stamped very thin, you could almost cut yourself on the edge. Of the 3 sets I have mine are all the same, two sets were form the same vet.
      Nice set Sayle
      Luca
      Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Thanks for all of the information guys. This set is very light and thin, but I do not get the feeling that I could almost cut myself on the edge - which may be a bad sign.
        I agree that the other examples all have the 'H' and 'L' touching in the upper right hand corner.
        I have not purchased this set, so no harm done.
        I will have to keep studying before making a final decision.
        Doug

Comment

I have a set identical to Sayle's, they are on a set of NCO Pz/infantry boards with the L and H touching and I wont remove them; one thing I have noticed on these two sets which differ from most sets I see is the outershape of the letters, its hard to describe, but looking top down at the outer edges, notice how the top of the Letter, when compared to the bottom of it looks like a 'vauban' type of fortress, meaning only, the apparent width of the top appear smaller when looking straight down, like the angled walls of a vauban fortress. I dont thnk this is giving "too much" away, as you could really only try to duplicate this if you cast from the originals. Some fakes do show this to some extent, but IMO not to the degree and "steepness" that the originials do.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
            I have a set identical to Sayle's, they are on a set of NCO Pz/infantry boards with the L and H touching and I wont remove them; one thing I have noticed on these two sets which differ from most sets I see is the outershape of the letters, its hard to describe, but looking top down at the outer edges, notice how the top of the Letter, when compared to the bottom of it looks like a 'vauban' type of fortress, meaning only, the apparent width of the top appear smaller when looking straight down, like the angled walls of a vauban fortress. I dont thnk this is giving "too much" away, as you could really only try to duplicate this if you cast from the originals. Some fakes do show this to some extent, but IMO not to the degree and "steepness" that the originials do.
            yes, I can see what you mean

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X