Black Allg. SS Uniforms after 1939?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Allg. SS Uniforms after 1939?

I have to ask: Was the black SS uniform still worn during the war? If yes, who wore it and on what occasion? When was the white tunic worn? Thanks for your help.
    Axel

Black uniform

Hi,

Allgemenie SS units in foreign countries used that black uniform as well, also after it (as I understand) was not used in Germany. The Allgemeine SS in Norway, called Germanske SS Norge used the standard german black SS jacket(and straight trousers and cap) from June 1942 until December 1944. For the rest of the war they used the grey uniform (same as waffen ss). They used the same insignia on both uniforms.

Rgds
    Pål

Comment

Part-time (not full-time) members of the Allgemeine-SS wore the black uniform throughout the war.

Here are some lining a wartime medal ceremony.................
      Attached Files

Comment

Canadian troops fought running battles with isolated A-SS groups in many of the small towns they entered in Germany near the end...

Comment

The Black Uniform Ws Worn At Times During The War By Higher Ranking Members For Official Functions When The Wear Of The Dress Uniform Was Required. Late In The War, Due To Cloth Shortages, I Understand That It Was Also Authorized For Home Front Office S S Personel. Period Photos Document That. The Famous Film Taken Of Berlin Volksturn In 1945 Marching Out To Meet The Russians Shows One Man Wearing A Black Uniform.
          The White Uniform Was Evidently Optional Clothing For Most S S Men. I Have Seen A Few Pictures In The Early War Years Of It Being Worn At Home.

Comment

A-SS Uniforms for Schuma Units.....

Additional Uses:

Several Texts note that 'Surplus' A-SS Uniforms

were stripped of Tabs / Boards and then shipped off...

to the OST for use by Schuma Units.....

So the A-SS Uniforms show up in LOTS of Places! Dave/dblmed

Comment

All full-time (i.e. salaried) members of the Allgemeine-SS always wore the grey uniform during the war. Himmler, Wolff etc. etc. never wore black during the war.......even on ceremonial occasions.

The black uniform was worn only by part-timers, i.e. unsalaried SS men, including honorary SS leaders (like KVK winner Zschirnt below). The 1945 Volkssturmmann referred to by Bob came into this category.

The Schuma in the east and the Germanic-SS in the west wore stripped surplus black tunics to which their own badges were attached.
              Attached Files

Comment

i have a officers tunic worn buy both german and dutch its one of my favorites it started out its life in nurnberg if only it could talk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X