X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Tent shelter on Ebay Fake or Real???

Is this the evidence that the seller
    did something with the shelter??? Maybe
    he'd tried to maturing an Fake shelter???
    I found this pic of the ironing board
    pattern,isn't it very close to the tracks
    on the shelter???
    <script language="Javascript"><!-- document.write('</style>'); document.write('</form>'); document.write('<'+'/script'+'>'); //--></script>
    What would other collectors say,buy or not buy???

Well, I must say that I am uncharacteristically speechless about this one. I will just use some appropriate emoticons to express my various feelings and thoughts...

I'd say that just about covers it.

Chris

Comment

hello,
      the zeltbahn is simply a Oakleaf B pattern and one of numerous printed version, very damaged and bad...
      if can help.
      lorenz

Comment

Yes, real but dead...only of value to a collector that can't afford a better one.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Looks like plenty of material to make up some caps

Comment

Kameraden,
            I'd be willing to bet that most of the remaining cloth is so rotted that it would tear like wet tissue paper. I had an original war time Italian zelt that was more intact than the one shown here, only half was salvageable. The other half fell apart under the slightest strain. I suspected it had been stored in a very damp area for a long time. The colors were very strong unfortunately the fibers just rotted. It looks as though this one has done the same.

Sepp

Comment

Originally posted by Josef Hahne View Post
              Kameraden,
              I'd be willing to bet that most of the remaining cloth is so rotted that it would tear like wet tissue paper. I had an original war time Italian zelt that was more intact than the one shown here, only half was salvageable. The other half fell apart under the slightest strain. I suspected it had been stored in a very damp area for a long time. The colors were very strong unfortunately the fibers just rotted. It looks as though this one has done the same.

Sepp

Exactly, Sepp! IMO the material is "dead" and rotten, it can't be used to make anything, still ok for a collector who can't spend the money on a better piece.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

How high are the possebility that's an Fake???

Comment

Well

Nobody knows how to absorb damage like a sponge.

Comment

At the right (very cheap) price it'd do for a display background or maybe even 2.

Ian.

Comment

imo this zeltbahn is fake

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X