Gruppenfurher Collar Tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gruppenfurher Collar Tabs

Anyone dare guess what the going prices are for 1st version Aug 1929 - April 1942 and 2nd version April 1942 - May 1945 collar tabs in excellent condition might be?

Is there a difference in pricing with sewn on/screw post type collar tabs?

Finally, a brainteaser, how many Gruppenfurhers were there post war 1932, then in 1936 and then 1938 - Sept 1939 and then from Jan 1940 till wars end?

I don't know the answer myself, but I would think that from the earliest time, the insignia that was produced in 1929 to 1930 would be extremely rare. Is there a way to tell the difference in insignia produced in 29 - 30, then the insignia produced in 36, then in 38 - 39?

Gee, not even an answer to one of the questions? I had a few PMs on the first question, thanks to those who answered, but nothing on anything else.

Do the questions stink that much?

Comment

Last edited by Bobwirtz; 11-20-2007, 04:31 PM.

Comment

The last time I handled a matching pair of 'screwbacks' that I liked was a few years ago at Steve Wolfe's and he was asking $3000. I believe they are now long gone into a collection. We may get lucky and see some at the MAX.

Comment

Rich,

Not sure if this list would help on the brainteaser: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...el#SS_Generals

Honolulu huh - I was in Kealakekua for a while...

Rick C.

Comment

Last edited by Bobwirtz; 11-20-2007, 04:31 PM.

Comment

I agree that Wikipedia is also a great resource. However, I would say that you also have to be careful with some of that information. While doing a little research on there today myself, I actually found some glaring (and I do mean GLARING) errors! To someone who didn't know better it could have been terribly misleading. This has happened in my research on there more than once. So, I say use it, because it can be great, but just be cautious, since I think that anybody can post about anything they want on there--or so it seems.

Chris

Comment

Thanks for the answers so far guys.

Actually, I was trying to generate interest in something other than authentication of insignia.

I have spent hundreds, no, maybe at least about 1,500.00 U$ on books for all that, done the research for authentication and am certain what I have is good.

So many books to review & now to find how many SS Generals over the years. I have Yergers works of SS generals for SS and A-SS. I am not sure if they give the number of Generals by rankover the years however. And those actually list by name as well who tey are so I do have the reference to do.

That being said, does anyone know if there were minor differences in insignia through the years, not where the blatant changes occured, but minor things one may find on the insignia. I have not seen anything anywhere in any books on this and would think over the years that the components may have had a change, such as the backing cloth perhaps not being the same quality as an example or the bullion used may have went from a heavy silver wire to a lighter wire.

Yes, I understand and agree about the hey is it original, I am considering buying it, instead of I bought the book, saw something, there is an anomoly with what I see, is it possible that that could be? I am sure that for many people who have not seen or held original insignia of the SS it is a real nightmare.

With the prices being the way they are is it any wonder people go partially crazy when they are buying this stuff?

I am happy to say I am over that because the want is not a driver for me anymore as I am enjoying what I was able to find in the few years I did chase material.

I will post up what I have in images of front and rear of the insignia a bit later.

My wife is pressing me to ride our Harley out to Killer Tacos on oahu North Shore for supper. If your ever on this side of th eglobe check out Killer tacos, good food for only 6 bucks each, and it is a deal for something like that in Hawaii.

Thanks again for the replies and ALOHA!

Comment

Yadda Yadda

Gee you Guys talk a lot ! Photos already !
                  Attached Files

Comment

Polizei

Imagine how beautiful this tunic was !
                    Attached Files

Comment

I wondered what happend to that tab.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Well Well

It found a new friend with Dr. Strangelove !
                        Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by Bobwirtz; 11-20-2007, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Dr. Strangelove, I hope I can present some other boards soon I hopefully get

Comment

Groupings

Well jumping from Gruppenfuhrers to groupings here is the one I get the most calls on. Came out on e-bay all together some years ago.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X