Ss Officers Sleeve Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ss Officers Sleeve Eagle

Well i went to the auction took the chance and bid and won.It comes with provenance and some German paperwork , but thats from the auction hall i never met the vet so unless i meet the vet im always wary .So tell me guys is it smiles or tears if its smiles i will let you know its story.

AH JUST RELISED I CAN POST PHOTOS .CAN I SEND SOMEONE THEM TO POST

send me a pm with your e-mail address i will get back to you

Comment

Posting for Dog soldier. I renamed your photos to more proper names; bad eagle1 and bad eagle2.

Im sorry, but that eagle is a reproduction. Glad I could help you save some money though.

"Felix" - N. Hansson
      Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
        Attached Files

Comment

One like this was discussed before, on a greatcoat if I recall. It's a cross between a bullion officers and a late EM, greeted with scepticism by me for one but was there a consensus.

Ian.

Comment

I acctually belive it is embrodered over a original em eagle!

Lasse K

Comment

Under all circumstances: nice work!

Comment

Hi i actually got the eagle at the auction i looked at it and thought there was one hell of alot of work in it , it certainley hasnt been machine done its supposed to have been taken by a red cross worker from a uniform at Belsen ,theres a little bit of paperwork whick ive checked out as with the eagle on uv light only bits of dust glowing , but thats all made up if the eagle isnt right , the thread has a bit of wear , but i go with you guys opinion and thanks in advance , it appears a lot of work and A BIT OF MONEY LOST MAYBE FOR ME!!!!!

Comment

IMHO its a reproduction eagle.

From a technical analysis it does not hold water from both known patterns (resembles NO original eagle I have ever seen pictured or in collections) and its made in the same kind of bullion thread all over. I have never seen an orginal made only in one kind of thread. Nor have I seen any LW or Army breast eagle made of only one kind of bullion thread.

A lot of details are missing as well. There are far better repros out there.

"Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

The SS staff captured at Belsen came from all over the KL system as the Eastern camps i.e. Auschwitz and Ravensbrueck were evacuated many ended up in Belsen. All these camps were equiped quite adequately right up till January '45, why would someone start to make up their own pattern of bullion sleeve eagle ? And it's not a 'one-off' because there was the other identical one posted recently.

Not dismissing it completely, just stating my opinion.

Ian.

Comment

There were at least 4 common styles not two,and a confirmed 5th out of Belgium. This is none of them.

Comment

Can someone post the identical one please so i can see it , i cant find it.Theres some amount of work on this eagle , i had thought at the time it was so much work really tight but suppose you never know there certainley is age on the bullion and wear that looks the age although its not visable on the photos shown.I just thought with seeing em tunics upgraded to officers etc that this may have happened to an EM and hes had it done on camp and thats why being individual it hasnt been seen before i will try and get pictures of the wear

Comment

It may be a fake, but this is the nicest bullion eagle I've seen. The acceptable types don't have this kind of detail and look like poo IMO. Just a thought, that if this is fake, that it is not because it looks fake, but because it looks too good. That would be a first, wouldn't it?

Comment

the paperwork thats from belson certainly seems the real deal

Comment

In my book, simply stated, short and sweet, it's crap!

Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X