Clear All

CT "Germania"

Hi,
    Could anybody comment this one?
    Attached Files

Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

What is all that extra material above and below the borders? Those borders are usually very close to the top and bottom edges.

Bob

Comment

It does have some semblence to the 2nd pattern rzm type regarding the letters and borders but, as previously mentioned, that is a lot of 'extra' black showing on the outer edges.

Comment

When I first saw it I thought it was still sewn on to some piece of black sleeve, like a panzer jacket, but not if you can see the back of it.

Bob

Comment

Original and one I would love to own.

Bob Hritz
            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Then buy it as it for sale since years and it is not the first time it shows up on a forum and was getting already replied from you Bob once on this very old post on the WAF or the GDM. Now with 30% discount as you might already know.

Comment

Robert,

It is only the price that is stopping me. The exchange rate is too poor and the price of $2750, even with 30% is just too much.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Is it really a late war RZM version, I suggest it as an early title.
                  Are references known for this title style? Would look good on an ealry wrap over when I am not wrong with it.

Comment

I believe it is the final pattern of RZM cuff title. The band is a blank, in the BeVo-like weave, and the letters are machine sewn. The Latin lettering is that of later titles.

I have seen a few others, over the years, and they always were difficult to market, because of the unusual pattern.

It is a a very nice title. Perhaps I am just jaded because of the sudden explosive price increases of SS cloth insignia.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Latin styled lettering was ordered in December 1939 although it continued to be manufactured. Why so much material above and below the borders? That is the unusual thing to me... lettering looks good and so do the materials... but that extra material...

The Other Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                        The band is a blank, in the BeVo-like weave, and the letters are machine sewn.
                        Bob Hritz
                        Yes, to me the outer edges look very similar to those of the Bevo Skanderbeg, Wiking, Feldgendarmerie, etc.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X