S S Armband Without Black Litze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S S Armband Without Black Litze

These Used To Be Referred To As S S Mantel Armbands. However, I Have Never Been Able To Determine This To Be Fact From Any Period Photos. Granted, It Would Be Difficult To Determine On A Low Resolution Photo Of Such An Armband Mounted On A Black Mantel. However, I Would Think After 62 Years, A Period Example Would Have Turned Up Mounted On A Mantel. Has There Ever Been A Determination As To The Purpose Of These Pieces? I Have Also Seen Examples With A Paper S S R Z M Tag. They Are Period But What Are They?
    Attached Files

R Z M Tag
    Attached Files

Comment

thats a very nice band first i have seen with a sown in tag all i can think of is some change over in the rule of thumb but being 36 a bit late in the game??some branch off of the ss ?? or if you like it you could get one but with out the black boarder and could only get that tipe from them?? just putting some thinks out there.i think i will stop be for i dig a hole

Comment

buy the way i have seen photos of shops you could go to and pick your favorite brand of nazi items like going to the local mall

Comment

21 over 36 is a good number anyhow

Comment

I have seen a few of these over the years, but have never been able to determine what they were for.

I wonder if they might have been for trainee SS-Anwaerter at some period.............for wear with the uniform without the collar tabs?

While on the subject, many years ago I saw a standard SS armband with black borders, label, etc..................but the whole band (i.e. the normally red area) was WHITE !! The cloth label was sewn on the back, so it's not as if they had 'forgotten' to dye it. The band was definitely SS, fully finished, and was white. I've never seen another.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
              While on the subject, many years ago I saw a standard SS armband with black borders, label, etc..................but the whole band (i.e. the normally red area) was WHITE !! The cloth label was sewn on the back, so it's not as if they had 'forgotten' to dye it. The band was definitely SS, fully finished, and was white. I've never seen another.
              Robin
              I seem to recall seeing this type of band also, many many moons ago, but were they not a very light grey colour, rather than white?

Best
              Bob

Comment

Hello Bob.

The one I saw was definitely white. Malcolm Bowers had it at that time, with some other nice SS stuff. From memory, it must have been the early 1980s.

Comment

After 62 Years, There Are Still Many Oddities That Are Unexplained. As I Mentioned, I Have Also Seen The Standard Political Armband With A Paper R Z M Label.
                  Possibly Derek Chapman Can Shed Some Light On The Subject.

Comment

Possibly This Cotton Armband With A Hauptamt Stamp May Shed Some Clues
                    Attached Files

Comment

Stamp
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                        Hello Bob.

The one I saw was definitely white. Malcolm Bowers had it at that time, with some other nice SS stuff. From memory, it must have been the early 1980s.

Robin,
                        I remember that armband as well, Did not know what to make of it at the time, all told it was identical in construction to the standard type, I wonder if malcom still has pictures of it?
                        cheers
                        Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood View Post
                          Robin,
                          I remember that armband as well, Did not know what to make of it at the time, all told it was identical in construction to the standard type, I wonder if malcom still has pictures of it?
                          cheers
                          Gary

Ah............Malc's old shop was a great place to visit at that time.
                          Happy days!

Comment

Bob,
                            Does the stamped example have a tag?
                            Derek

Comment

Hi Derek-
                              The Cotton Example Does Not Have A Tag Now.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X