X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss tropical side cap

Hello,
    I have some questions and I hope you can help me:

1. Is there something like a period ss side cap?

2. If so, does anybody have a picture of that?

3. And what is the difference to LW tropical side caps then ( when we ignore the insignia ) ?

Thanks!!

Fritz

Thanks Bob! There is one picture of a cap posted by you, the fabric is different to what I have expected, is it the photo or was the weave of the fabric different when compaired to other tropical items?

At least they do exsist! I'd be glad if I could get further information on this topic.

Thanks!

Fritz

Comment

The main difference between the LW and Waffen-SS Schiffchen is the so called cut, LW has a straight cut in the bottom and the Waffen-SS has a pronounced curve at the bottom which produces a tail effect at the rear of the cap but other than that they are identical !
      The KM Schiffchen is more similar to the Waffen-SS but not as curved !
      The interesting detail is that the Waffen-SS Officers Overseas caps have a straight cut at the bottom which was obviously a common design to differ it from the EM Schiffchen !!!

Comment

Ah!

Bobwirtz, did you say Hungen as in Dr. Von Hungen? Well it has been awhile since I have heard the good Doctor's name. Next time you see the tropical hat owned by the now departed Doctor see if you can still smell his cigars. Every item I have ever handled any item owned by Von Hungen had the smell of a particular brand of cigars. Von Hungen had amazing things in his collection prior to about 1980.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X