SS 4 Year Medal Being Worn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS 4 Year Medal Being Worn

I found this on the German Fundforum.................so all credit is due to them.

This is the first photo I have ever seen showing the SS 4 Year Medal actually being worn.

I've seen a few of the runic ribbon bar, and of the 12 Year Cross being worn, but never the 4 Year Medal.

So now all that remains is to find a photo of the 8 Year Medal in wear!
    Attached Files

Oooooooooooops! Just noticed the typo in the title.

Comment

Nice pic!

Do the medals look a bit photoshopped? The far left medals ribbon looks blurred and the whole lot look like they are 'sat' on top of the photo.

Probably just the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
        Oooooooooooops! Just noticed the typo in the title.

fixed

Comment

This bar came with an Allgemeine-SS outfit I have. It was without medals and I added them.

Bob Hritz
          Attached Files
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood View Post
            fixed
            Thanks, Gary.

Comment

Here's a medal bar with the 8-Year SS Long Service Medal. On the back is the tailor's label in Berlin. Also is a black and white photo of Heinrich Himmler's medal bar with the 12-Year SS Long Service Medal.

Bob
              Last edited by Bobwirtz; 11-29-2007, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Since someone did question the possible "photoshopping" of the SS 4-Year Service Award on the medal bar, that has arroused my curiosity too--especially after then noticing the blurring effect myself. With so many digital possibilities these days, it can be almost impossible to tell sometimes. With something that's never been seen before, it does, of course, just give even more reason for skepticism. However, I am excited about the possibility of this being an original photo, since I have also never seen one those service medals being worn myself. However again, since Robin has the photo, I certainly trust his final call on it.

I have an 8-Year Award, and I would also love to find a picture of one of those being worn. However, maybe a photo of that has been found before, and I just haven't heard about it yet. Someone please let me know, if that is the case for the 8-Year.

Sincerely curious,

Chris

Comment

Hello,

I rarely stick my nose in here (SS forum) where it doesn't belong...........and is rarely welcomed.....but the photo in question looks fine to me. I work with photoshop everyday. This photo does not look manipulated. The soft focus is consistant throughout the plane of the uniform, only the cap is in tighter focus. The photographer is using a wide open lens, and got his distance slightly off. I think he was shooting for a soft focus with sharp face but got his focus a little off. Also the shadows are correct and consistant on the medals, ribbons, and uniform...very difficult to fake on an uneven surface. The medals seem to be "floating" above the uniform, because they are. The pin moves the medal bar 4-5 mm in front of the cloth of the tunic.

As a semi-professional photo manipulator I would vote that this is a good photo.

Now I will scurry back to the police forum where I belong.

Regards,
                  William Unland

Comment

Okay, as far as I'm concerned, the case is officially closed on the photoshopping question. The opinion of someone who appears to know about it, and who states an excellent case for its originality, along with Robin's obvious, initial confidence is enough for me. I was only looking for some followup on that, since someone did ask the question earlier. I'm very happy to see an original photo like this of something I've never seen. I was actually beginning to wonder if they ever did wear the medals at all. So, finally the proof is there.

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

wow. neat pic, a rarity for sure. does anyone have photos with the 'everyday slide' with the small 4yr device on it?

Comment

Here is one:

Notice that the 4-year SS long service device is on upside down

Bob

Comment

Nice

Nice Photo Robin, love his Visor!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X