Dachau camp survivor's album found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dachau camp survivor's album found

An article on AOL about an inmate's album...
    See picture which shows again solid proof of Dachau insignia souvenirs origin! For those who still don't believe in this source!
    Look closely what he did with the cuff title!! (in 3 pieces? and remnants displayed upside down???)
    Nick
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 09-17-2007, 02:33 PM.

Fascinating!

Comment

Looks indeed like a super album!

P

Comment

If it's linked to the same story (there weren't any pictures of the actual album) there was a *big* write-up about this album on the comcast.net startup page yesterday. A fascinating find to say the very least.

Very nice to see that insignia in there as well! Although, I honestly can't understand how anyone could ever doubt the Dachau insignia finds...

Rob

Comment

Very nice and important find! I would like very much to have that Album!

Thanks for the pdf Nick!

"Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

Interesting

Time for scrapbooking? Yes I would like that album and Felix we could share !

Comment

Very good information!

Comment

Can anyone post a link to the article? The Wiking title looks to be an officer version am I correct? Im hoping its a piece from the warehouse & NOT taken off the body of one of the soldiers who were executed after theyd surrendered. Ive gotten ALOT of dachau insignia from thunderbird vets yet Ive never recieved or heard of officer insignia in any of the Dachau grabs.

Comment

Write up concerning this album, with pictures, in local newspaper...

Might be in USA TODAY also

Comment

here ya go - all with photos

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g...wcoBlMZHUIV1iw

Comment

Very sobering article , thanks for showing .

Thanks Joe Semen

Comment

Originally posted by RD Rygaard View Post
                        Can anyone post a link to the article? The Wiking title looks to be an officer version am I correct? Im hoping its a piece from the warehouse & NOT taken off the body of one of the soldiers who were executed after theyd surrendered. Ive gotten ALOT of dachau insignia from thunderbird vets yet Ive never recieved or heard of officer insignia in any of the Dachau grabs.
                        I think the Wiking cuff is the so called BeVo like 1 pattern for em/Nco.
                        I have seen some finds including flat wire cuffs like Deutschland but I cant verify if they were direct vet finds from Dachau or not.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X