Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

foreign volunteer BeVo insigna

Hello everyone,
    I'd like your opinion on this french volunteer insigna. All looks good, but the size is strange. But why make a so perfect fake and forget the good size ?! Could it be a 2nd modele? Need your opinion please
    Here are the pictures:

If someone could say to me which organization belongs this shield, there were many collaboration org. in France, so I'm lost! Thanks

Comment

This isn't the standard 'Big A' Waffen-SS BeVo shield, there were others for the Org.Todt and similar though, I hope it's one of those instead.

Ian.

Comment

I hope too. I have seen there is an expert on this forum (dan t), perhaps he could tell me more.
        Thanks for your answer!

Comment

Dan's not 'here' anymore ... not seen him posting elsewhere for a long time either ?

Ian.

Comment

wow! las time this member has come:

Last Activity: 02-03-2004 09:12 PM

I think he will not answer to my thread

Comment

I personally do not care for this shield as it does not have the normal caracteristics. The France shield worn by Org Todt had the word Frankreich rather than France.

Greg

Comment

In a book from Lambert et Le Marec called "French under german uniform", they write about...32 different french organization during the war. unfortunately they don't show all uniforms and insignas wore by these organizations.

I'd really like to find if this shield is a true one and by which org. it was wore.

Comment

Bevo insignia

Hello,

As Greg, I think that this badge is not authentic. It was aged to seem more old and worn. Here is an image of the same badge. First side.

Cordial greetings.

Polux
                  Attached Files

Comment

Bevo insignia

Reverse
                    Attached Files

Comment

it's not the same shield, even if at first looking it looks very similar. I put the two shields together, mine is more huge

Mine is about 5.5cm length and 5.9cm width.

Comment

Bevo insignia

Hello,

Regrettably, I have not any more this badge in my collection. Not being original, it did not interest me (reaction UV + tissue not Bevo).

I am sorry for you but it is well question of the same badge. It is not necessary to refer to the size and to the look that presents your badge deformed by washes. The nature of the tissue is that it modifies with the wear and the ageing. For your badge, it is necessary to refer to the construction (manufacture). By examining attentively the reverse of your badge, you will notice that the weaving mill is identical.

Cordial greetings.

Polux

Comment

thanks a lot for your answer and help Polux

Comment

Polux is correct in his assessment.

Bob Hritz
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Those insignias were worn by the LVF (Legion des Volontaires Français), circa 1941/1944, they join the Waffen SS (33 Charlemagne) in sept 44.

2 models of the insignia exist but the typo of the one shown don't match original ones, sorry.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X