PZ shoulder strap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PZ shoulder strap

Hello! What do you think - Is this one SS or WH construction? Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

I believe this type of tongue`s construction is mostly specific for WSS or no?

Comment

Sirs?

Comment

quite impossible to judge from this photos. please make more shots

Comment

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
          quite impossible to judge from this photos. please make more shots
          Thanks for your reply, I haven`t more pics unfortunately
          Another one with the same question
          Attached Files

Comment

Reiner , Only when the tongue is black on both sides then it's SS

Comment

Originally posted by Hardigan View Post
              Reiner , Only when the tongue is black on both sides then it's SS
              Hello,

I disagree. When the strap is black on both sides, it is almost always Army. Why would the SS make different straps when all of their other branches were black on top?

The problem that most would find with the straps pictured, is that they have an Army-style tongue (tapered) as opposed to an SS one (narrow and straight).

There are exceptions, of course, but I believe the above holds true in most instances.

Regards,
              Bob Edwards

Comment

Thanks for your replies, fellas, and now is the time for conclusion

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer Bob View Post
                  an SS one (narrow and straight).

Complete nonsense. There are different variations. And an SS board has a black tongue and the wool under the board is black or field-gray.

Comment

Guys I think you are getting crazy with this. I've seen different material of all sorts for the tongue. I've also seen the tongue come in all different shapes, as an example look at the tropic boards for the saharania tunics and compare them to a boards for a shirt.
                    I believe the reverse material was made up mostly of unused tunic material during the pre war and early war period. As the war progressed and the shortage of material became an issue they used anything they could get their hands on, including synthetics (rayon based). If you have a chance to read Beaver's trilogy he discusses the sevre shortages of material for the tunics and how they were less wool and more rayon. It all carried over to em insignia.
                    Just my humble opinion and some years of collecting. Sonny

Comment

WH or WSS?!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X