Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offset SS Collarboard RARE?

Hello all,

In order to generate some cash for another item I sent this piece to a consignment dealer in Canada. I bought this piece from a well known, very knowledgable and respected collector and I strongly believe the item to be authentic. The dealer said it was repro and did not accept it for sale on his site. Without naming names I would like to get some opinions on this rare item (if it is authentic). Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by RolfvH; 10-27-2007, 05:23 PM.

And the reverse......

Last edited by RolfvH; 10-27-2007, 05:23 PM.

Comment

RolfvH,

Hello, Well, Here is my two cents, and I am judging this by your photo and without seeing it in hand. If you look closely, there is heavy nap wear to the black wool, almost down to the base and it is worn all over, even up close to the runes. Now, if there is this much wear, then why isn't the bullion on the runes worn as well? Also, these offset rune tabs had numbers and from the picture I cannot see any signs where the number was or where it was removed. Like I mentioned before, this is based on what I can see in your picture. Hope this helps. Grant

Comment

Originally posted by Hohenstaufen View Post
        RolfvH,

Hello, Well, Here is my two cents, and I am judging this by your photo and without seeing it in hand. If you look closely, there is heavy nap wear to the black wool, almost down to the base and it is worn all over, even up close to the runes. Now, if there is this much wear, then why isn't the bullion on the runes worn as well? Also, these offset rune tabs had numbers and from the picture I cannot see any signs where the number was or where it was removed. Like I mentioned before, this is based on what I can see in your picture. Hope this helps. Grant

I agree with Grants assessment above based on the images provided,
        cheers
        Gary

Comment

I remember someone posting a grouping where on similar tab had a metal number attached Perhaps its one of those, where space was purposely omitted for a metal devise?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X