Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Concentration Camp Guard Watch Coat Revisited

Hi everyone!

A while back I posted a thread on a SS watch coat I was thinking of buying. Here is the thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=224308

I received it and have taken additional pictures of it. The coat is lined in grey blanket wool material with green glass buttons securing the tails and the neck strap. The coat looks like it was stuffed in a bag for the last 60 years because it is wrinkled and dirty.

The shoulder straps are black with a fieldgrey base and rayon piping and HBT re-enforcement material also of satin. Comments welcome.

Steve

Last edited by airborne_steve; 08-28-2007, 02:03 PM.

Here are some pics of the eagle. The eagleis zig-zag sewn but not through the satin sleeve lining!

Comment

Shoulder straps

Rayon Piping
      Last edited by airborne_steve; 08-28-2007, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Coat lining grey wool material. The sleeve lining is made of satin without the sleeve eagle going through the lining.

Comment

Back side showing the rear straps and tabs with green glass buttons. The coat buttons are of alu. maker marked "A&S" and "42".

Comment

I love it Steve, congratulations

Comment

Thanks tony. This is my first SS uniform item. I have a set of SS concentration camp OberLt slipon boards. I don't plan on collecting much SS stuff except maybe a belt/buckle and hat or helm.

Steve

Last edited by airborne_steve; 08-28-2007, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Hi Steve, Nice coat, 'boards and eagle. It is probably just the lighting but, the pipinng on the 'boards appears to be more orange(field polizei?) than the 'milk-chocolate' hue that I would attribute to camp guards.

Comment

Mike the lighting is pretty bad indeed. You may be right. However the piping is not orange but like a cinnamon color? May be Bau troops? I got a real deal on this so I'm planning on holding on to it for a while.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by airborne_steve View Post
                    Comments welcome.

Steve

steve,
                    while i do not have problems with the watch coat or eagle I do with the straps,sorry

see fake thread post# 200-204

cheers
                    Gary

Comment

That's what I thought too, didn't Ade post some recently for his friend too.

Isn't this the coat that was on M****ns for several months a couple of years ago ? That eagle somehow rings a bell.

Cheers,Ian.

Comment

The eagle looks artificaly aged to me....may be the pics though?

Comment

I found a pair of SS shoulder straps for sale on a well know dealers web site. They look to be nearly the same as mine. The dealer claims they are 100% original? The dealer is: http://www.military-antiques-stockholm.com/ As I'm a Heer collector this is new terratory for me and I'm still learning about SS stuff. Comments please.

Steve

Last edited by airborne_steve; 08-29-2007, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X