Why must we have to wait in life_LAH Grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why must we have to wait in life_LAH Grouping

I secured some nice SS buys recently but one guy was reluctant to give up a folder of docs.

I got a call that he finally wants to let it go but I must wait a week!!!!!!

It is an LAH grouping complete with medals. One Medal doc is signed by Sepp Dietrich. Also included is his application to the SS to marry, other award docs and some letters. Please make the time pass!

I get excited when any real SS passes my way in the SS desert here.
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Savor the moment... revel in the anticipation!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by münster View Post

I secured some nice SS buys recently but one guy was reluctant to give up a folder of docs.

I got a call that he finally wants to let it go but I must wait a week!!!!!!

It is an LAH grouping complete with medals. One Medal doc is signed by Sepp Dietrich. Also included is his application to the SS to marry, other award docs and some letters. Please make the time pass!

Dion-

Sounds like a great grouping. Is this coming directly from the vet himself, or his family?

Rob

Comment

Rob these guys are all dead pretty much.

This comes from a relative.

Bob, I just hate waiting, .
        Iam Uncle Sam
        That’s who Iam
        Been hiding out
        In a rock and roll band

Comment

Hahahaha

Not all my friend. I still count a few of the old Fellas as freinds. After having survived so much in life I told my friend he could not be killed and this is what he said, "I cannot be killed, but it is possible I could die". He drinks like a fish and always has a big time when I visit and I am telling you I can really drink, but this guy guzzles warm Scotch out of the glass no ice, very impressive.

Comment

I just hate waiting
            You know what they say, good things come to those who wait.

Rob these guys are all dead pretty much. This comes from a relative.
            They're still out there

Good luck, and I can't wait to see pictures of the docs!
            Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              Not all my friend. I still count a few of the old Fellas as freinds. After having survived so much in life I told my friend he could not be killed and this is what he said, "I cannot be killed, but it is possible I could die". He drinks like a fish and always has a big time when I visit and I am telling you I can really drink, but this guy guzzles warm Scotch out of the glass no ice, very impressive.
              That gives me hope for a long life.

Only the good die young, sad but true!
              Iam Uncle Sam
              That’s who Iam
              Been hiding out
              In a rock and roll band

Comment

Why so excited, Dion? You will immediately sell it anyway. Oh, you are talking about "easy money"? or just advertising

Comment

Paul, I display it in my apartment for a week, if I really like it 2 weeks. I act like its mine for a bit ,,,kind of like owning Boardwalk in monopoly, then I convince myself I got sick of it and sold it. This is the way I mentally do not become attached to items.

Oh it also helps to thnk,,something better will come along and then Ill keep that one!

Items liké this one need no advertising, I like to show them off a bit. Its like Chris Rock said

"I got all this crack and no ones buying it"
                  Iam Uncle Sam
                  That’s who Iam
                  Been hiding out
                  In a rock and roll band

Comment

Dion,

Is not the pursuit more satisfying than the conquest?

Bob Hritz
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I was going to say that Bob, but thought it wouldnt be understood. I do get a type of adrenalin rush only after I have items in my posession. It lasts a bit then wears off. Even if I have spare time I go to flea markets just to stay on the search, its very addictive. Its like getting a trophy and then just staring at it with a cold beer in hand. I thought I was the only one.
                      Iam Uncle Sam
                      That’s who Iam
                      Been hiding out
                      In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                        In the words of Oscar Wilde.................

"There's only one thing worse than not getting what you want..........and that's getting what you want."

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                          Dion,

Bob Hritz
                          For Dion and Oscar Wilde, definitely, the pursuit. For just a collector the conquest.

Comment

I dont like the dealing part and especially the photography. I do like showing it though!! Thats another great part. I dont like haggling on either end, being the haggler or the haggled. I go on auto pilot when Iam dealing for the items. Sometimes I just pay the price to avoid haggling and leave!

SS stuff is big hunter game for me! It never comes along, and its excitement when it does. But I would never gamble with SS cloth or anything like that!
                            Iam Uncle Sam
                            That’s who Iam
                            Been hiding out
                            In a rock and roll band

Comment

Wow! That's sound like a wonderful find, indeed, and I thoroughly understand your anticipation of that. I also collect LAH, and it sure is one of the toughest to find! In the end, it's even tougher for me to pay for.

I'd love to see the pictures of this grouping, when you get it!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X