Waffen SS armband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen SS armband

This came with the SS dogtag and Wehrpass from the Halbe already discussed, I have always thought it a copy but would like your thoughts, many thanks, Paul
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I dont like the letters, looks printed.
          Best regards, Tom

Comment

Hi, yes its printed

Comment

It would not be for my collection.

Bob Hritz
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

This one looks very similar to an armband that one guy added for free to a relic helmet I bought from him. Not sure if that was a genuine gift or a bait...
                However, i wanted to add it to fake database, but I have no access to it so I am posting it here, for your reference. Armband looks white, and bear a stamp on the back. They guy claimed that he found others, but although they have different designs, they are all printed, made artificially old and dirty and with the same type of stamp on the back.I think they won't fool any of you guys, but they still can make some casualty. Beware
                Attached Files

Comment

Another fake.

Bob Hritz
                  In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

agree with Bob,both are repros

Comment

Yes, no doubt about that. It should be added to a fake gallery. I have the pics of the other similar armbands as well. Those are a nice inventory of the possible fake armbands.

Comment

Armband

The second armband posted is absolutely authentic, and was worn by a small band of homeless SS men. The only other photo of this armband known to exist depicts 3 of them warming their hands over a fire, sharing a cheap bottle of Schnapps, and singing boisterously.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt R. View Post
                          This one looks very similar to an armband that one guy added for free to a relic helmet I bought from him. Not sure if that was a genuine gift or a bait...
                          However, i wanted to add it to fake database, but I have no access to it so I am posting it here, for your reference. Armband looks white, and bear a stamp on the back. They guy claimed that he found others, but although they have different designs, they are all printed, made artificially old and dirty and with the same type of stamp on the back.I think they won't fool any of you guys, but they still can make some casualty. Beware
                          Your armband saw the bottom of a Polish Chicken coop for a couple weeks, both bad, but the yellow one is probably much lower in Ph content.

Comment

The guy reserved the same treatment to all the armbands. This one was added for free to a dug helmet, but as I wrote above, it was probably a bait to see if I want to get more, blinded by the illusion of a deal. Interestingly, they come from Germany. I really think we should expose more of this rubbish for the benefit of young collectors.

Comment

Armband

A laboratory analysis on what was used to soil that armband would probably yield more information than we'd want to know.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:24 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X