Local Auction Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local Auction Find

While browsing though some local auctions, I saw this ad, it looked like fairly common stuff, nothing really great, but somthing in there caught my eye, so I emailed the auctioneer for better photos, but they sent me the same one! saying it was all they had. They wouldn't take a proxy bid, they wouldn't take credit cards, and it was a 2 hr drive and I was supposed to work the shop that morning...

do you see what I saw? (Hint: It wasn't the Luftshutz Helmet)

http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

a numberd skull

Comment

is that a totenkopf collar tab in there, and maybe an SS sleeve eagle.

Comment

close...on the numbered, but not quite...
        Mil co you are correct!

But what KIND of TK tab...

sigpic

Comment

one i wont with a k

Comment

Nope, no letter or numbers,

Ok enough horseplay...

I almost shyte when I saw that heart shaped nose looking back at me.
            So I took a chance and drove up there, and found somthing else that wasn't in the pic either.

The auctioneer was kind of an arse, but he said that he'd get the few pieces I was after up in the 1st hour or so. As usual there was one other unknown guy there that was bidding, and if he wouldn't have been there, I would have scored them really cheap, but I just kept my hand in the air until they were mine!

I didn't go after the sleeve eagle, and I wish I could have stayed for some of the other usual & customary stuff that was there, but I was tempting fate being there in the first place. I was more than happy with my find.

sigpic

Comment

its just not right i am moving over

Comment

JERRY-
                NICE SCORE. I SAW THE AUCTION ADVERTISEMENT AND WAS DYING TO GO AS IT WAS LESS THAN 30 MINUTES AWAY. HOWEVER, I HAD A TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT ONLY FOUR DAYS EARLIER. I COULD PICTURE HOBBLING ACROSS 1/2 MILE OF ROUGH TERRAIN WITH A WALKER AND HAVING TO STAND FOR THREE HOURS. I HOPED ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS GOT THE TAB. CONGRATULATIONS.

Comment

Thanks Bob,
                  yea it was a typical outdoor farm auction, standing around in a field in the hot sun, the dry grass somehow making it even hotter, portapotties baking in the sun...

while I would have liked to see you again, I am glad you didn't go!

will you make it to the badger show I hope?

sigpic

Comment

Hmm

Well you could have rented a motorized walker with off-road wheels !

Comment

Beautiful flatwire TK tab, Jerry. I wish I had your luck!

Comment

Jerry, I have been so busy fighting the battle of the SS officer wrap, that I just noticed your thread. Nice find, and it could not happen to a nicer guy.

Now you know I am delirious...Tom

Comment

Replay

You americans realy live in a wonderland !!!!!

Matthias

P.S
                          You are lucky that your vets bring almoust everything back to the U.S and left yust garbage in Evropa !

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                            Beautiful flatwire TK tab, Jerry. I wish I had your luck!
                            Is it a flateire? It looks like the much more rare EM version to me!

Comment

Thanks guys,
                              it's the EM version. Although I know its rarer, i was hoping it was the officers version, but I am certainly not complaining!!

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X