Many thanks to a great site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks to a great site

Many thanks to you guys for assisting me in restoring my 43 tunic that has been a lengthy but enjoyable process. Posted it on this forum when it first walked into a Dallas show with just the shoulderboards on it with tropical eagle in pocket. Took my time bought from reputable members and enlisted your invaluable opinions, and now Ive got it where I want it,,,salty worn "been there" tunic for my mannequin,,,heres the result!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Steve Flanagan View Post
    Many thanks to you guys for assisting me in restoring my 43 tunic that has been a lengthy but enjoyable process. Posted it on this forum when it first walked into a Dallas show with just the shoulderboards on it with tropical eagle in pocket. Took my time bought from reputable members and enlisted your invaluable opinions, and now Ive got it where I want it,,,salty worn "been there" tunic for my mannequin,,,heres the result!
    Nice job! I just restored one as well. Im betting the hardest part was finding the rank tab?

Comment

Cuff

Are you saving for nice salty BeVo TK cufftitle?

Comment

Restore

Yes the rank tab was the longest but the chevron was a pain as well, found one with the backing notched out at the V and that was sufficient for awhile, but Ive got a ninety year old grandmother who uses black SS thread and doesnt even go all the way through the wool of the sleeve, the TK is machine stitched, everything else is hand stitched as you cant get the lower arm of any machine to do the sleeve eagle, its a relatively small tunic, so Ive tried to stay within boundries. Followed old stitch lines on Rott chevron,,,,but CUFFTITLE would be good too,,,,,,,,,,although truthfully there is no sign of it ever having a title.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Flanagan View Post
          Yes the rank tab was the longest but the chevron was a pain as well, found one with the backing notched out at the V and that was sufficient for awhile, but Ive got a ninety year old grandmother who uses black SS thread and doesnt even go all the way through the wool of the sleeve, the TK is machine stitched, everything else is hand stitched as you cant get the lower arm of any machine to do the sleeve eagle, its a relatively small tunic, so Ive tried to stay within boundries. Followed old stitch lines on Rott chevron,,,,but CUFFTITLE would be good too,,,,,,,,,,although truthfully there is no sign of it ever having a title.
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=219137&page=2

Heres mine

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X