SS wallet??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS wallet??

I just recently received several items from my ex-father-in-law who fought in WW2. He told me he got these from the living quarters of an SS officer. The braiding is woven metal on a green felt like material. Has anyone seen anything like this before and if so,could it indeed be SS?
    PS. If anyone knows anything about German stamps from the 1870`s to 1944 please see my thread on paper and photos.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

wallet

pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Wallet

pics
      Attached Files

Comment

Wallet

Any opinions?

Comment

The wallet has nothing to do specifically with the SS, but it could have been owned by an SS member as it is definitely German as it has the city "ANSBACH" embroidered on it. This is in Bavaria and the building is a church I would think. So its a (civilian) souvenir wallet from a Bavarian city and personalized with the owners initials "WC". Hope this helps!
          Nick
          PS: The US Army had a garrison in Ansbach during the cold war so it could have been made at that time as a souvenir item for troops stationed there (post war of course), another possible scenario, but it does look old.
          Last edited by NickG; 06-17-2007, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X