Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opnions on SS Great Coat

Hello every one,

I'm not a SS collector but I'm seeking expert opinions on this SS watch coat. These are the only pictures I have at the moment. All comments welcome.

Respectfully, Steve

Looks promising. Mine is the same, also no French cuffs, which is typical for late war SS (I understand) and the exact same grey blanket lining. The only difference is that mine has an internal hood. Nice piece. Congrats! Nick

Comment

I think the insignia have some problems

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
        I think the insignia have some problems

I think the same, eagle looks not an authentic one IMO. The great coat looks OK to me.
        Luca
        Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

I have been told the watch coats were not issued with a sleeve eagle although most seem to have one now. IMO, the lack of french cuffs does indicate SS usage.

Comment

The eagle is absolutely 100% a good one!!

Francesco

Comment

Gruppe,
              I also have a late war SS Ubermantel with both the vertical hand warmer pockets & the horizontal pockets below. It also has the built in hood, grey course weave blanket lining, and no french cuffs. Unfortunately the sleeve Adler was partially removed. By the shape of the remaining Adler & stitching it appears to have been the type pictured in this thread. What I did notice is the Adler was machine sewn before the sleeve lining was put it. The stitching does not come through the layers of lining, only through the outer layer of wool.

To me, if the eagle would have been post war added, it would be relatively easy to see where the seams were opened & then closed in order to have been sewn with a machine.

Sepp

Comment

Originally posted by Francesco View Post
                The eagle is absolutely 100% a good one!!

Francesco
                Is not the first time I see one like this Francesco and I never seen this like a textbook example. I had one, hand inspection and UV text was not what I expect by an authentic SS eagle.
                Sorry Steve my personal opinion about this eagle is not good (hope to be in wrong) and I'd like to know more opinions from insigna's experts to know more.
                The SS overcoat by these pictures could be OK. Just my opinion.
                Luca
                Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Originally posted by oragno View Post
                  Is not the first time I see one like this Francesco and I never seen this like a textbook example. I had one, hand inspection and UV text was not what I expect by an authentic SS eagle.
                  Sorry Steve my personal opinion about this eagle is not good (hope to be in wrong) and I'd like to know more opinions from insigna's experts to know more.
                  The SS overcoat by these pictures could be OK. Just my opinion.
                  Luca
                  Please Luca.....don't joke!!
                  this is not a common eagle but surely a textbook!!
                  One eagle like this is actually for sare in ex Mike D.Beaver section on Bill Shea site ! http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPages/Cloth/c1254.htm
                  or maybe you are more expert than Beaver?

Francesco

Comment

I don't want to be more expert than anyone, take it easy, just here only to learn and free to give my personal opinion.
                    Luca
                    Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Thank you all for your opinions on this coat. I rather like the coat. I'm trying to get better photos of the shoulder straps. I do not own but I'm in the process of purchasing. Thank you. Steve

Comment

Hi . The Great Coat ok SS. The eagle not good , and where is it the hook .
                        I dont see the boards good or not good.thanks.

Comment

Side by side look at the two eagles. Opinions Please.

Steve

Comment

Steve in my personal opinion it is a fake eagle. I am not superior or more expert than anyone but I have the same eagle, the same pattern as yours (where you get it?) and I can confirm is not authentic from IIWW.
                            I hope to found it to show you.
                            If could be an original one I will be happy to put on sale mine in e-stand.
                            Luca
                            Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Very true!

Originally posted by Francesco View Post
                              Please Luca.....don't joke!!
                              this is not a common eagle but surely a textbook!!
                              One eagle like this is actually for sare in ex Mike D.Beaver section on Bill Shea site ! http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPages/Cloth/c1254.htm
                              or maybe you are more expert than Beaver?

Francesco

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X