skull ss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skull ss

hi, now as i have had about 5 fakes of this type of skull and i dont want anymore can any1 tell me if this is ok and please pm me with a rough value if its ok,, cheers dave
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sscrooge; 05-22-2007, 09:37 AM.

skull

have done a search and its got me thinking its a cast copy,but not dead sure
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sscrooge; 05-22-2007, 09:36 AM.

Comment

A FAKE Zimmerman that's been flattened by a steamroller.

Darren.

Comment

ss

thanks i appreciate the help rgds dave

Comment

I would still wait for other opinions....these are a fair bit trickier than the mothers crosses etc that i usually look at

Comment

I am pretty sure that it is an original Zimmermann that has been flattened.

On the top edge, it looks like you can see the aluminum layer beneath the copper layer of the CupAl wafer. I would like to see a photo of the edge from the side to be certain.

Brad

Comment

I'd say a real cupal Zimmerman but yes, flattened by a T34!

Comment

s

cheers i may try and buy it then but now its a little squashed what kind of value

Comment

Originally posted by sscrooge View Post
                  cheers i may try and buy it then but now its a little squashed what kind of value
                  It looks like a ground-dug piece (note the pitting). It also appears to me that the flattening preceeded the pitting, so it actually may not be out of the realm of possibility that it was the result of a T-34 or the movement of some other piece of heavy battlefield equipment! I would be interested to know where it came from or if there was some known history behind it.

That being said, there is no "correct" value range for such a thing. In this case it could not be more true that its "value" is what it is worth to you.

Comment

[QUOTE=bwanek1;2000623]I would be interested to know where it came from or if there was some known history behind it.
                    QUOTE]

So do I. I also belive it's an original.
                    Last edited by waffen $$; 05-22-2007, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I agree that the skull is okay...that is pretty interesting in that it got flattened--you can make out where the prongs were...I think somebody did this in a vice as it is too perfect a job to have been a vehicle rollover.
                      Last edited by John T; 05-22-2007, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Yep, it's an original one!

Comment

Originally posted by bigd View Post
                          A FAKE Zimmerman that's been flattened by a steamroller.

Darren.
                          I guess i am wrong on this one. The surface just seems so bad, but i guess ground dug would explain that. Ok, back to the tinnies for me
                          Is it right that these skulls should not have round pins?

Darren.

Comment

Originally posted by bigd View Post

Is it right that these skulls should not have round pins?

Darren.
                            You are correct, the prongs are flat.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                              It looks like a ground-dug piece (note the pitting). It also appears to me that the flattening preceeded the pitting, so it actually may not be out of the realm of possibility that it was the result of a T-34 or the movement of some other piece of heavy battlefield equipment! I would be interested to know where it came from or if there was some known history behind it.

That being said, there is no "correct" value range for such a thing. In this case it could not be more true that its "value" is what it is worth to you.
                              thins one was finde near Oppeln(now part of west Poland) in pleace where have fight SS Estland division,I have buy and later sold this one two years ago,and for sure original one
                              Last edited by besslein; 05-22-2007, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X