Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's See Those Wss Foriegn Volunteer Uniforms !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's See Those Wss Foriegn Volunteer Uniforms !!

In the realm of the exceedingly rare...the elusive Waffen SS Foriegn Volunteer uniform tunics

...Nederland, Langemarck, Wallonien....etc...etc....

there are sure to be some wonderful pieces out there.

Could proud owners post some to give us the pleasure of a look??

Best, John

WSSFor.Vols.

Nobody has any of this material in their uniform collections???

Comment

I am still hoping to own an original Waffen-SS volunteer tunic, before I pass into the Great Void.

Bob Hritz
      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I think that volunteer tunics are the best, I have a particular interest in spanish volunteers and particularly those that served in the waffen ss in 44-45. Knowing that no original survived tghe war I made my frankenstein obtaining original no insignia tunic, original SS insignia and original spanish insignia and medals, if you are interested, I will ask a friend to post pictures
        Last edited by Jaime Sadurni; 05-18-2007, 12:50 PM.

Comment

With all this silence... I take it that the ones that I have seen on this forum in the past are "creations" which is not surprising really... as I own 3 myself; one Albanian, one Nederland and one Estonia, all stripped tunics restored with original insignia to represent these units. This is not astonishing really, as the majority of such tunics are most likely post war embellished re-births of old stripped garments, which have gone thru many hands over all these decades! We are just caretakers (and restorers) really... I am also anxiously waiting for untouched ones! Great idea this thread! Any real ones out there? Nick

Comment

Dutch volunteers tunics are very,very rare.I Know of only one example with all the evidence you need.Because it was found together with the soldbuch,visorcap and his medals.Sadly it has lot of moth damage.

Don't forget that most of those tunics were destroyed at the end of the war,or the owners wore them for years in prisoncamps.

Sad but true...............

Etienne

Comment

During my years of collection I was able to get for my collection some volunteer tunics:
              -Frw Legion Flandern sturmgesch******252;tz
              -Wiking NCO for Flemish volunteer
              -Westland NCO for Flemish volunteer
              -Wallonien EM

...although the best one is in the collection of Luc....
              Pieter.

PS: I had a Dutch volunteer jacket but I changed it for an EKII....
              SUUM CUIQUE ...
              sigpic

Comment

Pieter, I would love to see some of the volunteer tunics you mentioned. Is it possible to see some photos, either here or by e-mail?

I know of only a handful of untouched Dutch volunteer tunics. One of them has been mentioned by Etienne. Several others are still in family hands. For example, I know of one tunic from the 48th regiment (without a cufftitle though) residing in Canada.

Dutch volunteer related material is extremely rare - even some insignia like below.

With all the best,

Cees
                Attached Files

Comment

Frw. L. Niederlande

Frw. Leg. Niederlande
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello all I'm posting this on behalf Jaime Sadurni, Ezquerra spanish volunteers unit.

Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

I have a Great coat from the Kaminski unit. It was as worn here and shows the arm shield. Any one interested, I would like it to go yo a good home.

Comment

pieter please post some shots from the tunics please

Comment

Cees, that is a wonderful and rare grouping! I have seen very few original volunteer tunic that are original, however.

s/f Robert
                          Originally posted by C. Kleijn View Post
                          Pieter, I would love to see some of the volunteer tunics you mentioned. Is it possible to see some photos, either here or by e-mail?

I know of only a handful of untouched Dutch volunteer tunics. One of them has been mentioned by Etienne. Several others are still in family hands. For example, I know of one tunic from the 48th regiment (without a cufftitle though) residing in Canada.

Dutch volunteer related material is extremely rare - even some insignia like below.

With all the best,

Cees

Comment

There are not many known untuched Panzer Grenadier Regiment "Norge" offiser uniforms in collections.
                            I bougth this wonderful uniform directly from the family in a city in Norway. The cufftitle was taken of the uniform and came seperate in a box together with all his insignia but otherwise the uniform is 100% untuched as when is was tailored in 1944.

Regards
                            Derek
                            Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful tunics. If you are interrested, I can send som pictures of my vell worn "Norge" and "Skijegerbataljonen" tunics but I need someone to post the pictures.
                              Best regards
                              Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X