Prinz Eugen canteen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prinz Eugen canteen

Friends and collectors this canteen was found by me and pay for it few euoro years ago in a flea market near Trieste (Italy).
    I'd like to know your thoughts about.
    Personally I love it, an excellent field work example.
    Luca
    Attached Files
    Siam fatti cosi!

Attached Files
    Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Attached Files
      Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Attached Files
        Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Attached Files
          Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Personally when I see "SS" runes and divisional symbols on field gear I get suspicious. I've encountered too much of this stuff over the years... people taking ordinary field gear like Y-straps and embossing skulls or runes into it, jacking up the price six fold and trying to pass it off as "SS". This seems like a lot of effort on somebody's part to sell this canteen off as "SS" and "Prinz Eugen" with embroidered division symbol.

Bob

Comment

It could be, like could be a nice and authentic field work example.
              Therefore do you think that never were produced fieldgears with this type of ss stamp
              Agree with you about different value between WSS and WH items but as I told I found this in a flea market and was paied less than WH canteen, personally I am glad to have it and I like as divisional symbol is stitched.
              Thanks for your imput
              Luca
              Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Ciao Luca,

I have already seen your canteen in the Italian Forum, and my opinion is that is 100% Original.
                Congratulations for your very nice find.

cheers

Comment

Why would it have such marking?,

Comment

There is no doubt it's an original canteen and it may well be that the SS and Prinz Eugen markings are original as well, but nobody will ever be able to say for sure. For me, it's an interesting piece but has no more value than an unmarked canteen.

Comment

Originally posted by Basil View Post
                      There is no doubt it's an original canteen and it may well be that the SS and Prinz Eugen markings are original as well, but nobody will ever be able to say for sure. For me, it's an interesting piece but has no more value than an unmarked canteen.
                      Agree with you Basil
                      Friends and collectors, thanks all for your thoughts.
                      Luca
                      Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Too many SS for my taste. The odal rune would have been enough.
                        You found it near my hometown, be aware that around here there is alot of people very good in stitching ... 'nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by basenordest View Post
                          Too many SS for my taste. The odal rune would have been enough.
                          You found it near my hometown, be aware that around here there is alot of people very good in stitching ... 'nuff said
                          I agree with you
                          cheers
                          Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X