Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original RZM Sleeve Eagle?

Hello all,
    Is there any chance for this distinguished bird? Strangely made; I'll grant you, but is this one of the multitude of fakes or something original? Any opinions,good or bad, are appreciated!
    s/f Robert
    Attached Files

Reverse -
    Attached Files

Comment

Not to my liking.

Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob,it's not really to mine either. Has anyone ever seen a dual-ring wreath like this before on an original bird? s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
          Thanks Bob,it's not really to mine either. Has anyone ever seen a dual-ring wreath like this before on an original bird? s/f Robert
          I have exactly the same in collection and it is not 100% bad to me. Base material and silk threads abslutely the same like used for making Dachau insignia. It could be late war production.

Comment

I've never seen one like this before, but I like it as far as design and quality of embroidery...

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=arm+eagle

Comment

Sergey, did any of the "heavies" ever weigh in on your eagle? They certainly look like the same pattern, though not identical. s/f Robert

Comment

This is like the eagle Sergey posted. I have not seen this eagle before and I do study every fake I can find. I would like to have one in my collection to make a final determination, but suspect it is an original eagle.

Bob Hritz
                  In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I got it - here it is. Sergey, I agree with you - it's not like anything I've seen before, but the materials are too right to be wrong. In hand, I'd believe this eagle is 100 percent original - though strangely constructed. It's shown with some other RZM birds for scale -
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by RobertE; 05-18-2007, 10:02 AM.

Comment

The swastika is undersized -
                      Attached Files

Comment

What is the outcome??? I am interested to know if the forum likes the Eagle or not? Please continue...

Regards, fischer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X