Der Fuhrer cuff title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Der Fuhrer cuff title

What do members think of the cuff title below? as this Rgt was not formed until after the annexation of Austria, yet it bears labels dating it to 1936 Opinions?
    Thanks

http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cuffkq5.jpg

Yes, that would be a red flag for sure. We've seen labels and stencils put on many articles over the years to add "credibility". I'd have to check my history but I don't think they made RZM styled cuffbands too early on either. This one bears considerable study. Need closer pictures of the front, back, lettering and borders.

Bob

Comment

Cuff title looks 100% original from that photo but I share the observations and comments from Mr Bob. Some insignias have added tags to make them hotter, even if all original! I also pressume some blank bands were made and later embroidered, hence the earlier tag.

Cuff looks very nice!

"Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

Hmmm...it is odd, because it not only has a '36 dated band manufacturer's tag, but also a '36 "St" tag from when the title was embroidered...

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
          Cuff title looks 100% original from that photo but I share the observations and comments from Mr Bob. Some insignias have added tags to make them hotter, even if all original! I also pressume some blank bands were made and later embroidered, hence the earlier tag.

Cuff looks very nice!

"Felix" - N. Hansson
          I agree,look very good

Comment

Title and labels are original to this title its just an anomaly IMO

there was a forum member on GD who sourced 2 such titles at a hotel buy, there is also such a title in angolia's cloth insignia of the ss
            cheers
            Gary

Comment

cufftitle

This band is 100%, for some unkown reason "Der Fuhrer" at times is made with this early combination of tags, it should not be this way but a few have shown up from this firm with the combination of "21" and "23" tags . Maybe they just used up exsisting stocks of there RZM tags ? but this anomily has been noted in the past . To my knowledge it is the only sleeveband I have ever seen with early tags and formed in 1938 , usually the border are the 5/6 strand which is another trademark of this band.
              jimtoncar
              Attached Files

Comment

could a cuff title have the st portion of the two tags affixed if it was just a blank band, but had the borders done? would that count as having the required work done to enable the tag to be placed?

Comment

Funny, I was just going to mention that I have seen an original shown with a 35 dated tag as well! And Mr Toncar shows this exact cuff title. Sold at Manions 10 years ago. Congrats to that lovely well used Der Fuhrer Mr Toncar!

Cheers,
                  "Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

cufftitle

Felix, I only have the picture of this band unfortunately, but I have seen a few of them like this over the years , one or two with direct vet provenance.
                    jim

Comment

Thanks guys for that information, I guess you learn something new each day
                      Regards Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X