Oddest Ever 12th SS Cuff Title.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oddest Ever 12th SS Cuff Title.......

Who would have thought it.................
    Attached Files

Maybe his old granny ran it up on her sewing machine.......
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Robin,

Assuming no skulduggery with photo manipulation, this is a wonderful example of home-made insignia. I have seen and owned a number of home made insignia which would only be considered original by those who have studied the anomolies exemplefied in such photos.

Bob Hritz
      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

hJ

Great Photo Robin, Can you imagine this title coming onto todays market?
        It'd be condemned straight away , im sure like Bob said with hands on and knowing exactly what your looking for it may be considered good -- but as a digital image only it would be slated into the Fake bin quickly.

A very interesting picture indeed
        Simon

Comment

Bob/Simon.

My thoughts exactly.

So far as I can see, the photo has not been manipulated. It apparently originated from the great-nephew of the man in the picture.

It looks to me like this title was made and placed specifically for this photo being taken. See how the young man has turned his sleeve to show off the cuff title. It was probably removed after the photo session...........I can't see his superior officers allowing him to wear it.

Maybe the well-known 'posed' SS-Fallschirmjaeger cuff title photo falls into this category as well?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X