Himmler's shaving kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Himmler's shaving kit

Hi Guys, I thought that you may like to see these two small items. They were taken from Himmler after his surrender to British troops in 1945. First off is a tube of shaving creme. Note it is Danish made which ties in well with him being in Flensberg.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Files

Here is a packet of his razor blades.

Before anyone asks, these are not mine, but I did get to touch them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Files

Comment

Apocalyptic stuff Ade!

Comment

Himmlers items ?

How can you be sure that shawing creme and razor blades belong ones to Himmler ?

Did any one soo his SS items, his uniforms, SS daggers, SS swords, medals and the item number one, his TK ring ?

What hapend with this items, that is the bigiest enigma ?!

Matthias

Comment

There are quite a few Himmler items in collections, for starters his chained damascus ss dagger is here in the UK, a white tunic is I believe with David Delich in the US, at least one pair of specs exist, there is at least one pair of collar patches etc

Jonathan

Comment

I really doubt that Heinrich was wearing the TK ring with his name carved in that the day they arrested him since he was dressed as SS enlisted man If I rember well...

Comment

Originally posted by Matthias Fritz View Post
              How can you be sure that shaving creme and razor blades belong ones to Himmler ?
              Hi Matthias, these were taken by one of the soldiers who arrested Himmler

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Great stuff Ade, thanks for sharing with us.

From memory Himmler was captured carrying the ID of the G.F.P. the reason he was stopped, as they (along with the SS,SD and Gestapo) were a prohibited organisation. If he'd just been a Heer soldier he'd possibly have slipped away.

Ian.

Comment

Thanks for posting this Ade.

I was told some years ago by ex-Captain Selvester (who used to stay a few miles from me) that he took the army ID tag that Himmler was wearing............his son now has it in Canada.

Comment

Stunning stuff Adrian. I think i remember reading in After the Battle magazine about his shaving kit going to one of his British captors....nice to know some of this stuff is still in the UK. Mark.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X