SS Collartab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Collartab

Hello, i have bought this one at the German ebay, can anyone tell me something about it?
    If it is original or not?If not, then i don't have to pay them.
    Sorry for the bad pics, i hope they are good enough to give an opinion.

Tim

Hi,

That's a fake in my book...

Kind regards,
    Gerd V

Comment

Thank you Gerd, here are two better pictures but i will say no then.

Comment

Bad to the bone I'm afraid.

Bob

Comment

I agree with Bob and Gerd! Well aged fake!

Comment

Thank you all, that is a good explanation Jerry thank you too.

Tim

Comment

Jerry,

If just more collectors where like you............the explanation is very needed when one are a new collector..............

The just bad etc etc is not of much help.....it is more like, hey you dummy, it is bad, donĀ“t you get that!

Lasse

Comment

Personally, I think we answered the mail. If you want to come on here and tell each person who has a question about whether something is original or not all about the item, then that is your prerogative. I think Messerschmitt got what he wanted so now he doesn't have to pay for something that isn't authentic. I don't have time to do an authentication and TR-101 with everybody. If they really want to know, let them research it and figure it out for themselves or find a mentor to teach them. I wish I had something like this forum when I started collecting in 1973 -- just to tell me if something was authentic or not. That information alone is valuable. We live in a time where everybody wants instant gratification and instant answers. It doesn't work that way...

Bob

Comment

I totally agree with Bob, everybody has to do also his homework and from nothing comes nothing. On the otherhand there are alot of detailed discussions here on this forum like on other forum too when it goes to the real details. Also I don't see any point to bring another forum here into this discussion. With certain points you even cannot describe views very well with words when it just the shape of a skull or this or that.

Comment

I agree with Bob. It's up to each person how they wish to respond. If I give my opinion on a helmet and it's a quick good or bad response, I'll always elaborate if the person asks why I gave that opinion. For me, it usually comes down to the extra time it takes. I'm actually suprised I'm able to visit the forum and post as much as I do. And yes, if someone is truely interested, they'll certainly find time to do the research on their own. After all, that's half the fun.

Comment

Jerry45, please ask any people or collectors on the web or on any forum if this statment from your side is positiv from you:

"like Robert-Bob & Dan & not help anybody anymore"

You will not imagine how much I try to help other collectors on a daily bases before and after my workdays via email's, phone calls or at shows in Europe or in the US. You will not find a single collector where I did't helped out. And when you think anybody ruins any forum please blame it not on the people who try to help out with the words good or wrong, and anyhow there is nothing ruined at all.

und Ende der Geschichte
                      Last edited by Robert H; 04-29-2007, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X