This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob,

As I said my opinion and now the pics have been removed??? I thought the wear on the rune was less than the on the piping, the tab is original I personally did not like the piping. There was a spate of these in the UK about 20 years ago.

Mark

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
    Mark-

Thanks for your opinion. If these are fake then they are damn good fakes and fooled me. From the pictures provided they look most convincing... The pip is imho not period, but I can totally understand it being replaced somewhere over time. The material, construction, wear, etc of the tabs themselves looks right to me though.

Rob

Comment

Yes the pictures are removed and I also thought to remove all my posts from the past as I have enough

Comment

So Robert you are exercising censorship of peoples views by retracting your items. I am a humble UK collector who has collected only SS EM insignia for 35 years. As you hinted that I know nothing about this subject my opinions should really be inconsequential to you. I have seen many opinions on this forum over the last few years and quite frankly I have seen perfectly good stuff being rubbished by 'experts' who profess to know the latest copies but of course never reveal the source in case it helps the fakers...come on if they are that good the fakers don't need us to hide it as they already know the secret of the perfect tab!! Your reaction is symptomatic of the current trend on this Forum to throw your teddy in the corner if someone dares question your item. If you post on the Forum then take the rough with the smooth.

Incidentally my opinion stands the runic tab is fine I don't like the piping the wear is not consistent with the tab and a fair few of these and red piped were kicking round the UK 20 years ago, the concensus then was CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Best

Mark

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
        Mark, I cannot agree with you on that statement.
        Lately I see here thumps up for bad stuff and thumps down for good things.
        Make your homework and then start your comments. The best available copys look different and are done different. But I will not go deeper into this.

I will not post in the future on any forum any pictures anymore.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X