strange Tk in photo album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange Tk in photo album

Hello everyone, I bought this photo album with some SS photos in it lately. What is puzzling is the strange unofficial TK metal insignia affixed above this photo. Can any one give me some feed back or have seen this anywhere before?
    Thanks for your time, Michael Fay
    Attached Files

Strange Skull closeup

Here is a close up.
    Any ideas on this odd piece?
    --MF
    Attached Files

Comment

The skull is a postwar fake.

Comment

Hello Anders, thanks for reply, I appreciate it. Can you give me more information on this postwar fake?
        The militaria dealer I bought it from is reputable...so I need a bit more info before asking him about this.
        Thanks, MF

Comment

may not be a post war fake as it is there to resemble the tk skull, for all we know it could be a "trench art" type deal. The photo of the ss member is of the early ss, you can tell that by the eagle and skull.

Comment

I ve never seen a fake/repro that looked quite like that...Billbert

Comment

Strange skull

Hello Anthony and billbert. Thanks for your replies. This one may be hard to pin down. I hope someone may know more....or have an opinion?
              Thanks, MF

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                Hello Anders, thanks for reply, I appreciate it. Can you give me more information on this postwar fake?
                The militaria dealer I bought it from is reputable...so I need a bit more info before asking him about this.
                Thanks, MF
                I understand that you want more info, but I'm afraid I can't give it to you.
                (I only keep info about originals and fakes that are close to originals, which I'm sure this is not)

I have seen this type of skull here on the forum (I think on a cap) but I have no idea in which thread.

All this is of course my own opinion, wait and see what others think of it.

Kind

Comment

strange skull

Originally posted by waffen $$ View Post
                  I understand that you want more info, but I'm afraid I can't give it to you.
                  (I only keep info about originals and fakes that are close to originals, which I'm sure this is not)

I have seen this type of skull here on the forum (I think on a cap) but I have no idea in which thread.

All this is of course my own opinion, wait and see what others think of it.

Kind
                  Hello Anders, thanks again. I don't believe this TK skull is "official," in any way. Though that may not be the way you are using the term "original." But I hoped it was pre-45 made (private purchase or homemade).
                  As you say, I shall wait and see what others think.
                  Thanks again, ---MF

Comment

Skull

From the looks of it it appears to be a period made skull. Ugly little bastard though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayle F View Post
                      From the looks of it it appears to be a period made skull. Ugly little bastard though.
                      Hah! ugly it sure is. Thanks Sayle,
                      --MF

Comment

I saw this last night and wanted to wait until more posted.

It doesn't look period to me.

Comment

Skull

That is what is great about these forums, all the different oppinions! It makes collecting much more fun

Comment

Originally posted by Sayle F View Post
                            That is what is great about these forums, all the different oppinions! It makes collecting much more fun
                            I agree, it would be boring if we always thought the same. (But I do like Hot Rod's btw) (Yes, they exists here in Sweden too)
                            Back to the insignia, I found the thread with the similar skull I was talking about earlier; http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=edelweiss
                            I'm still convinced this is a fantasy product. (Can't prove it though, so it's just my own opinion)

Comment

Skull

Yeah it does look pretty much identical to that one. I thought it looked period made from the pics. I thought it could have been a custom made one by somebody. Who would make a repro cap skull so poorly executed, what would be the point? But the bottom line is I would never have it in my collection whether it was good or not as it is one stupid looking skull.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X