Police Camo Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police Camo Tunic

My latest pickup! I posted on this forum for your camo expertise as well as the police subordination. If this is incorrect, please let me know. Otherwise, I'd appreciate your comments. This has six buttons and a paper tag still attached.

Thanks,

Duane

Hello
    IMO this is a reproduction. I would expect a different HBT weave on the inside.
    Regards
    Pierre-Yves

Comment

Its a perfect tunic in unused conditions instead, classic HBT in use for police combat force! Unfortunatly missing the collar tabs and shouldes slip! (but if you need i got them ) Congrats for this fantastic find

Comment

Originally posted by mayer View Post
        Its a perfect tunic in unused conditions instead, classic HBT in use for police combat force! Unfortunatly missing the collar tabs and shouldes slip! (but if you need i got them ) Congrats for this fantastic find
        I'm in a great agreement with Anthony here. A perfect text book police tunic

Comment

Hi!
          Beautiful Original Mint exemple of Police tunic!
          here my to comparation!
          Great piece!
          BY Lorenz
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice Tunics Duane & Lorenzo.
              Duane, sent you a PM.

Here's another.
              Last edited by Ken B.; 08-09-2007, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Can´t see anything wrong with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat de Fer View Post
                  Hello
                  IMO this is a reproduction. I would expect a different HBT weave on the inside.
                  Regards
                  Pierre-Yves
                  Hello
                  Well I am glad that I was wrong ,I guess the minty look is kind of scary !!!
                  Regards
                  Pierre-Yves

Comment

p

hi duane ,a lovely tunic im looking for one myself if any one knows who has one for sale thanks will

Comment

WOW tunics!!

Thanks for the info! Your tunics are impressive. Nice to see some with the tabs and boards! The way camo is going, this is probably going to be my first and last one. I'm glad it's a good one. Thanks for posting some photos.

Duane

Comment

Originally posted by hayleyp View Post
                        hi duane ,a lovely tunic im looking for one myself if any one knows who has one for sale thanks will
                        Bill Shea has one for sale.

Comment

Has anyone ever seen a picture of this tunic in wear in period photo's ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood View Post
                            Has anyone ever seen a picture of this tunic in wear in period photo's ?
                            no one then!

Comment

Gary,

I am unaware of any period photos of this tunic in wear by the police. It has been assumed to be a police jacket because the pockets are cut in the police manner with pleated breast pockets and unpleated hip pockets. One would think that a photo of one of these in wear would have turned up by now if they were an item of issue.

Most photos of police troops wearing camouflage show a mix of W-SS, Army, and Italian camo stuff in wear. Almost all of these "Police Camo Tunics" (dot pattern) are either unissued or show only slight storage wear. The jacket shown is the pattern that is accepted but fakes are out there. There is a fake of this pattern being sold out of Germany right now on German ebay that is $150. and it has a distinctive interior that should not fool most folks. There are older fakes that have come out of Europe that are more problematic and do very much try to duplilcate this jacket.

I, for one, never saw any of these dot pattern "police" jackets until about 15-20 years ago after they appeared in a color collector coffee table book. They seem to command very high prices but I have found no regulations authorizing this camo jacket for the police.

I hope this is helpful.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X