No announcement yet.

New Pick-Ups!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice items all items continuously sought after by SS collectors,outstanding. A nice visor cap to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohenstaufen View Post
      Detail of the scull.
      Nice to see a real one of these for a change!

Comment

Hello, Thanks for all of the comments. Yes, It was a very lucky day. There were a ton of people there and I was mentally prepared that those two eagles would go through the roof, but as luck would have it, there was only three people bidding on them and I won them for $250.-. The owner of the estate recently died at the age of 73 and his father was a WWI aviator. They guy had a lot of WWI posters (bad shape), uniforms, pictures of bi-planes, etc... He only had a few things from WWII. Mike, You are very right, these scull cuff bands are rare and seldom seen (real ones that is). Grant.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohenstaufen View Post
          Mike, You are very right, these scull cuff bands are rare and seldom seen (real ones that is). Grant.
          The last time that I remember handling a real example was in the 1970s, and that one I sold to a collector in Washington state for $300. That seemed like a lot of money then! By comparsion, the woven versions, rare and desirable as they are, seem much more common.

Comment

HI Grant!
            Congrats! Very nice Items! Really a beautiful addition to your VT TV collection!
            Bravo! Lorenz

Comment

Very Nice...I Like !

Comment

Gentlemen,
                What is the web address of Mr. Hassler's site?
                thanks very much.
                blkbear1

Comment

Man... I don't know what you do for a living, but I want your job. You're unstoppable and just impossible to compete against for any good SS cloth that comes up for sale. I saw pictures of your display at SOS and of course the other shots you've shared here before... I might as well give up now

The Germania set is just incredible, as is the TK cufftitle. Outstanding. Simply outstanding.

Killer stuff.

Rob

Comment

Rob, Hello, I have a job like everyone else, but it is a family owned business, which we sub-contract from all of the major phone companies ie, Verizon, Embarq, Altell, etc... Our company splices all of their outside plant telephone cables. I used to have a huge medal and badge collection, most of them were cased, then I decided to get into SS collecting and sold most of them. Also, I have a good friend who did a lot of hotel buys in the 1990's and he pulled in a lot of top notched SS cloth over those years, which I bought a lot from him. So, that is how I built my collection and now I have specialized in the TK, VT, and the first five Waffen SS divisions, therefore, I have sold and traded off most of my Foriegn volunteer stuff to get these early SS items.

Now, I have pictured all of my early straps and you will see that most of them are made by one manufacturer #10. The one at the top is one of the "Germania" straps and it is made by #758. I would like to know if these are the only two contracted manufacturers of these early style straps. Maybe, Mr. Hritz, Toncar, or Delich, etc.. would like to comment or show examples of their straps. I would like to see an original set of the early LAH monogram boards and see if they compare. Does anyone else out there have any of these ? Grant.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Close up of cloth tags.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

w

Hi Grant,
                          thank you very much!!!
                          Cesare

Comment

Originally posted by bonneville View Post
                            Hi Grant,
                            thank you very much!!!
                            Cesare
                            SUPER EARLY COLLECTIONS!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Grant, totally oustanding
                              The picture above with the labels, is also very interesting, as it shows slight variations in the manufacter of the cloth labels, also I have encountered,k in the past, contract number 10 on Deutschland shoulder straps, and also on TV straps. My next question, is the top label on the "G" straps ?
                              Best Bob

Comment

Bob, Hello, Yes the top strap is from the set of Germania straps w/o piping. Regards, Grant.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X