SS-Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS-Tab

Since a member has raised question/s about my tab on the estand, I will post it here for discussion. The tab was bought as one in a larger group.

Its made from moleskin. There is no doubt that the insignia has been there for a very, very long time, judging from the backside. The shovel is marked RZM

Feel free to add your comments. The tab came from Marc, and Im sure he knows more about than me.

regards Jens
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...97#post1912297

Jens,
    I had a look at your tab, its a bit confusing, as its the rank tab side, shoulder straps at the time something like this would have been worn did not display the exact rank the collar rank patch did. So with that emblem on the tab there would be no way to display a true rank.

I personally would not consider this to be an SS tab as the examples I have seen that have been SS, were embroidered

Also the cloth is not moleskin cloth it looks to me to be a coarse velvet, Sorry!
    cheers
    Gary

Comment

Hello Gary

Thanks for your answer.

I have not seen this type either. I have although seen numerous early "double" or "mirror" type insignia, i.e. reversed scull or Runes on rank side.

So your conclusion is that it is a copy? What about the tab itself without the insignia?
      I wonder if Marc would respond to this...

Comment

Originally posted by Jens View Post
        Hello Gary

I have although seen numerous early "double" or "mirror" type insignia, i.e. reversed scull or Runes on rank side.

Jens,
        yes so Have I BUT the rank at that time is would also be displayed on the shoulder straps,And I believe one of the reasons double insignia was dropped was the fact that when the smock was worn rank could not be determined

cheers
        Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X