X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black guys, who are they?

Hi
    Got this photo today.
    Any idea who they are and where they are from?
    Thanks
    AJ
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

can you get a close up of the skulls, looks like to me maybe the ss vt but i am sure im wrong

Comment

Here you go............
            Attached Files

Comment

AJ,
              It is very interesting photograp of an Allgemeine-SS motoring unit. The patches with the large M signify this. The shot also shows the very first motoring cufftitle with the simplified wheel worn at the same time as the NSKK motorised diamond. The picture was most likely taken in 1934. The patch with just the number 40 indicates Kiel, but I'll have to look up the location of M20 (although presumably it's in the area).
              Derek
              Last edited by derek; 03-26-2007, 03:45 PM.

Comment

The skull to the left is IMO a Deschler upgraded skull. I'd say that the photo is taken 1935-36.

Comment

The white collar patch piping was abolished in October 1934 so I think it highly unlikely for the picture to be so late. The very early motoring cufftitle also indicates 1934 as the date of the picture.

Comment

I agree with 1934- the last year the white piped tabs were worn, and the first year that the second pattern skull was worn. Derek- do you have a picture or more information on this cufftitle with the wheel?

Cheers,
                    Arran.

Comment

Cuff Title Question

Here is a copy of a picture of a cuff title similar to the one under discussion on page 38 from the 1998 edition of Ulric of England's: A Collector's Guide to SS and Political Cuffbands.
                      Copyright: Ulric of Enland, 1998 Research Unit, Urlic of England Publishing.

Sincerely,

Charles Betz
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Charles! Very interesting cufftitle. Can anyone think of another SS cufftitle that bore an emblem as opposed to numbers or script?

Arran.

Comment

Arran,
                          Oberbayern (skull) and SS Polizei Division (police emblem).
                          Regards,
                          Fred

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X