word of caution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

word of caution

Just word of caution, as some of you no doubt know photos are lifted from forums and used elsewhere, on other forums, websites and recently photos stolen from web sites and forums have been used on ebay in other words to con, please mark your photos

There are many ways you can do this, but i would suggest that you mark it with the forum it is posted on rather than just a name, as this would I would hope warn the prospective buyer that the photo has come from a forum rather than from a private collection. or mark them with a name and the forum posted on,

I am sure many here can help member who do not know how to do this,
    cheers
    Gary

PS Any other suggestion how to protect photo lets hear your idea's?
    Last edited by Gary Wood; 03-19-2007, 03:42 PM.

Good advice Gary! Will follow that!

Cheers,

"Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

Good advice. Can somebody walk this novice through the process please? and show some examples on how best to mark your photos
      Thanks
      Bob

Comment

Hi Bob, I have not used this myself but saw it recommended by another forum member in another thread:

http://www.watermarker.com/watermark-protector/

If you have a programme like Photoshop on your PC you can use that. It is easy. You just click on the "T" symbol for "Horizontal type tool" and then type the forum name across the image in a couple of places. Save it as a different image from your original and then post here.

Cheers, Ade.
        Attached Files

Comment

and here is an example of what can happen.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?p=1933083

Comment

Hello to All, Gary, Good points taken! Also, keep in mind I was told that there is a computer program that can lift the images (words) off of a picture. For example, if you take a picture and then add text on top of it using some type of Photo Shop Deluxe etc..., then it can be removed as well. The best way to assure that your piece is secured, is to, when taking the picture lay something on top of it, ie. Print out your name on a piece of paper from the printer, then cut it out and lay it on top of the piece. This way, it would be almost impossible for the con artist to steal your photo. Anyway, just a tid bit on what I was told. Regards, Grant.

Comment

Hi Gary, Friends,
              very interesting, can be also a possibility that the program of the WAF put the WAF logo automatically when you post a pictures?
              Could be an idea...
              By lorenz

Comment

Hi Grant,
                I think you are refering to pictures that have been saved in a format that supports layers. The layer with the watermark/wording can then be easily removed.

I think Lorenz's idea is a good one where all images automatically have a watermark applied when posted on the forum.

I guess in the end no matter what is done, people can still edit out a watermark but at least it will deter them a bit hopefully.

Brett
                Attached Files

Comment

Brett,
                  While anything put on photos can be removed with some work it is making it harder for those who want to steal them, they have to work at it so its somewhat of a deterrent, some remove logo's badly some remove them well but it takes effort to do it, below is another example,
                  cheers
                  Gary

PS lets here some idea's
                  Attached Files

Comment

and removed with photoshop
                    Last edited by Gary Wood; 09-01-2008, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Gary,

You did indeed a great job with Photoshop.

Untill now, I didn't realise it could get this scary!

Thank you for wakening us up.
                      "Wir Deutschen fürchten Gott und sonst nichts auf der Welt " BISMARCK

Comment

Was Kai Winkler really trying to sell those straps with the colored LAH embroidered ciphers? He's getting kind of obvious, isn't he?

Bob

Comment

Just bumping this thread to remind you unless you want your items listing on a fake site mark them, yes i know with time they can removed the marks but it makes it harder for them.

The only satisfaction is i bet when people buy from these sites what they get is nothing like what is in the pictures

.. ARM Uniform Trading Co., ..

Comment

The trick is to not give the bad guys any areas to sample from.

Peter
                            Attached Files

Comment

hello

I guess if people do not have Photoshop then they might be able to do something with microsoft paint ? this programme comes an all PC's I think from the start

To access on your PC go to the start button, then programmes, then its under accessories look for "PAINT" with a little paint pot next to it

to get your photo up, go to the top and look for "file" click on this and then
                              "open"

and select the picture you want

From seeing what people can do to fix photos, Photoshop would be better but you can get creative with this one aswell,

Hope this is of some help, yeah these scammers sure leave a bad taste !!

Cheers

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,307 at 01:56 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X