SS rank promotion jumps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS rank promotion jumps?

Are there many examples out regarding SS promotions like this one?

1.Anwaerter
    2.Mann
    3.Sturmmann
    4.Rottenfuhrer
    5.Unterscharfuhrer
    6. and then the directly jump to an officer rank Untersturmfuhrer.

No doubt there are many examples of this climb in rank from NCO to officer. Note photos of NCO boards with slip on double litzen.This was a field commission or recommendation for officer training school.The attrition rate of officers would have made necessary the advancement of experienced NCO,s to command rank.The experience of Waffen SS NCO,s would be a natural advancement to command rank.

Comment

I don't think there are many other examples out like this one, but maybe I am wrong.
      When you count his missing ranks the total is 3 = Scharfuehrer,Oberscharfuehrer,Hauptscharfuehrer.
      So he missed als his NCO ranks and jumped over them with his promotion. This is not W-SS it is SS-VT in 1936.

I just come up with this as I just received files from one officer I made a research for with the support from www.westmorelandresearch.org.

promotion for Unterscharfuehrer 1.9.36
      promotion for Untersturmfuehrer 15.9.36

Hitler promoted him directly as it is written in a letter from the RFSS Der chef des Persoenlichen Stabes to the SS Personalamt in Berlin. His last rank in the files is the rank for a Sturmbannfuehrer.

He was the 2nd. Begleitarzt of A.Hitler and in the SS Standarte "D" (transfered from Berlin to Munic). The other 2 Begleitaerzte (in total he got 3) where in the LAH.
      Last edited by Robert H; 03-17-2007, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X