Stammabteilung Armband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stammabteilung Armband

I have a chance to buy a Stammabteilung Armband , any idea idea of price range? It's a vet bringback in very good condition, thanks Troy

Do you mean a cuff title? I am not sure what you mean.

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Stammabteiling brassard

Bob, it's a brassard. It's for the SS reserves(Stammabteilung), it has the gray stripes verses the black, they were issued until 1937 then discontinued. They don't come up often, I was wondering if anybody had an idea of current pricing.

Comment

I believe this is an SA reserve armband.

Bob Hritz

Comment

The SS reserves wore a pearl gray cuff title and collar tabs with the standard SS brassard.

Bob Hritz

Comment

armband

Bob, a friend sent me this info from one of his books:

SS-Stammabteilung (SS Supplementary Reserve) Brassard

Members of the reserve companies over the age of 45 were authorized insignia that was not exactly the same as with regular SS units. For a short time the SS Stammabteilung wore the armband with light grey stripes in place of the standard SS black. By mid-1937 this was apparently discontinued.

Maybe since these were discontinued so early they are hard to come by.

Comment

Dear Troy101,
              I don't think anyone has come up with any info to support the theory that these grey edges armbands were SS-Stammabteilungen brassards. Nothing in the period documents regarding the insignia for this group makes any mention of a special pattern of brassard. All the other aspects, collar patches etc. are specified quite clearly, as are the respective listings for the items in the various price lists.
              Period photos are difficult to come by but the ones I have seen show the standard black bordered armband being worn with the grey collar patches and cufftitle.
              Derek

Comment

I Agree With Bob And Derek. I Have In My Collection A Stammabteilung Officer's Black Uniform. It Has The Standard Black Striped Armband Attached To The Arm By Snaps. The Gray Striped Armband Is Attributed To The Reserve Units Of The Sa. A Nice Example In Cotton Brings Around $125-$150.

Comment

I believe this to be an example of the type of armband under discussion - ie, for Reserve Units of the SA, as Bob mentions above. This one is cotton and has the national symbol (white circle with swastika) done BeVo-style right into the fabric. This is also confirmed by lettering stitched into the material at the back near the seam where it is sewn together, "BEVO- BARMIN (?) along with "GES. GESCH". The gray stripes have been machine-sewn onto the edge of the armband at either side (versus stripes stitched directly onto the base material).
                  Regards,
                  John
                  Attached Files

Comment

Reverse inside BeVo:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Gray stripe detail and BeVo / Ges.Gesch. stitching:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Stammabteilung Abzeichen

Pan Peter Jenkins SSBW has Abzeichen/Insignia fuer SS Stammabteilung im Rheinlande. sehr schoene Exemplare! pekne priklady Man muss zugreifen!

pekne pozdravy! Woelfl, vysoke Tatry

Comment

Originally posted by Woelfl View Post
                          Pan Peter Jenkins SSBW has Abzeichen/Insignia fuer SS Stammabteilung im Rheinlande. sehr schoene Exemplare! pekne priklady Man muss zugreifen!
                          That certainly is a rare set of insignia on PJ's site and not that badly priced either
                          cheers
                          Gary

Comment

The Tunic For A Stammabteilung Obersturmfuhrer, Standarte 1, Munich. The Standard Armband Is Worn. This Example Is Attached To The Tunic With Snaps
                            Attached Files

Comment

Cufftitle
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X