Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS M43 Hat - BW marked?

Hi folks,
    I know concensus is a BW marked hat is generally viewed as replica, but does anyone know of any original examples (sidecap, fieldcap, anycap) that is thus marked?

Is there any hope for the example shown here, for instance? COULD this be a good piece - the BW mark is the only scary thing about it that I observe. Any opinions are welcome. s/f Robert
    Attached Files

pic 2 -
    Attached Files

Comment

pic 3 - that's all I have in terms of pictures. Not much to go by - but what do you think?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
        Is there any hope for the example shown here, for instance?...opinions are welcome. s/f Robert

Doubtful IMHO.

B. N. Singer

Comment

THe stamp is fake.

Comment

Thanks for weighing in, you two. I understand the stamp doesn't belong here, at least in a piece of headgear. Is there anything about the construction - of the stamp or the piece itself - that is damning it it's own right? Or is the stamps presence simply insurmountable?

Just trying to continue the education process here, gents - I appreciate the comments.

Comment

Post war fabrication to include the markings.IMO

Glenn
              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
                Thanks for weighing in, you two. I understand the stamp doesn't belong here, at least in a piece of headgear...
                My comment was not based on the stamp.

B. N. Singer

Comment

I appreciate the inputs, and understand that these are experienced-based observations. Thank you. If any contributors would like to PM me specifics in terms of construction issues, then I can learn something from this discussion. s/f Robert

Comment

As far as the stamp you can find two good examples of it in Vol. 2 of Beaver's three volume set.

Comment

definitely bad stamp.

Comment

Wool and Trap

Maybe its me, but the shoddy late war italian material and embroidered trap look pretty good.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on whether or not the trap is authentic. Is it possible this is made from period wool and original insignia? Also HBT material looks ok from the pictures...

Comment

The materials and trap are specifically what appealed to me, though the BW stamp didn't seem promising. Thus far, I haven't had anyone help out on why the construction is bad - it doesn't look it to me.
                          I thought it was possible someone tried to make it more sexy with a stamp; it comes with a good return policy and is an indirect (daughter) purchase.
                          If the stamp is bogus, then it's been played with. But the trap looks good, as does the wool and HBT. If folks don't want to help out the bad guys with specific info, then pls feel free to PM me on the details I'm missing - thanks. s/f Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X