TK Tab Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TK Tab Set

Here is a set of TK Collar Tabs which, although they are obviously not a factory matching pair, I believe to be original. The rank-side is definitely for real. Would like to hear from the advanced collectors and researchers out there. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Another shot.
    Attached Files

Comment

Now the rank side.
      Attached Files

Comment

The back of the rank side.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Craig,
          this is a very nice and original TK collar tab set !!

Francesco

Comment

This is what I thought also. Not the best tabs in the world, but not "powdery" and they have okay construction.

Comment

Look fine by me.Good overall condition.
              Seiler.

Comment

Craig-

I think both are good! I love the TK tab that's a tough version to find. Condition looks great, too

Rob

Comment

In my opinion they look original! Not a truly matching pair by the looks of the shapes but could very well be "matching" for the same uniform anyway!

But original!

"Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

These were on the 'Grenadier' site last year, I think..................
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                      These were on the 'Grenadier' site last year, I think..................
                      Hmmm...Looks like the same exact set of tabs to me.

Rob

Comment

Robin, what is your opinion of the quality of these tabs and the year of manufacture?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Robin, what is your opinion of the quality of these tabs and the year of manufacture?
                          The quality looks OK to me...............not the very best, but I can't fault them.

They would date to about 1939-41.

Comment

I think they are earlier tabs, but don't know what "early" means in this case. This version is the type, I am told, that can also include numerals and letters.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Gottlieb View Post
                              I think they are earlier tabs, but don't know what "early" means in this case. This version is the type, I am told, that can also include numerals and letters.
                              Numerals were generally used until the start of the war, when they were discontinued. Officers did not usually wear numerals, however.

The skull is of the 1936-7 type, but the early ones had cloth tags on the back, not paper.

Horizontal skull tabs were introduced in 1940, but did not become widely worn until 1942-3.

Hence this tab dates to c. 1939-41.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X