Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS officer visor!

Hello!

My friend bought this SS visor and since none of us is an expert on visors I need some opinions about this one, what do you think about the insignia??

Thanks
    Hacht
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by von Hacht View Post
            ...what do you think about the insignia??

Crap.

Comment

Ok, but could you please elaborate something more, I am here to learn and share the knowledge, what makes it fake??

Hacht

Comment

-

The insignias, the quality. It isn´t always easy to explain in detail why an item is good or bad.

Comment

For example the piping looks way too fuzzy, should be alot more tight IMO.

Comment

The liner is not sewn in a way that I would be comfortable with for a period visor cap of any service.

Don

Comment

Look at the stitching where the sweatband meets the visor ... think, that's what would be in contact with the wearer's forehead. Imagine what he'd look like after a few hours !

Add to that the artificially aged (and fake) insignia. The heavily worn interior versus the pristine exterior,fuzzy piping etc etc and you've got a fake visor.

Cheers,Ian.

Comment

ss visor

I agree , the cap is most certainly bad, but the way the sweatband is attached is OK and was used on period examples. Here is one picture i found really quick searching this forum for this type of attachment.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Sayle F I've never seen an SS cap done like that ? Point taken though.

Ian.

Comment

I have noticed that Clemens Wagner uses this type of stiching very often on their visor caps.

Comment

The cap cover seems to have the characteristic Janke "shiny" trikot wool. This is the type that contains many synth materials.

For example, I placed a Janke copy I bought in "error" many years ago and since rid back to the chump who sold it to me, against a genuine trikot example. The difference in material "sheen" was dramatic. There is a definate slippery feel to the "shiny" stuff that just isn't there on a "real deal" trikot example.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X