SS Trumpet Banner-Good, Bad or will it be Ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Trumpet Banner-Good, Bad or will it be Ugly

Picked up an SS Trumpet Banner out of an OLD collection. It probably hasn't seen the light of day in 25 or 30 years. This does not make it good or bad.
    The photos will be up in a few minutes, courtesy of someone else. Thanks in advance. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to sign up using my credit card. I do want to show off my helmet collection. Can't be bothering people to post photos over a paltry $25 American.
    Tim Alexander

Hi Tim,
    Welcome to the forum!

Here's a link that may be of interest in regards to your SS trumpet banner.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=27682

Cheers,
    Brett

Comment

Oh well.

I'm computer stupid. Brett helped me out, to get pictures up but the Forum rejects them. Pictures can only be 700 X 750 and mine are 3072 x 2304 and I'll be damned if I can figure outhow to cut down th esize.

Comment

Picture 1 of 7

I think I did it!
        Attached Files

Comment

2 of 7

2 of 7
          Attached Files

Comment

3 of 7

3 of 7
            Attached Files

Comment

4 of 7

4 of 7
              Attached Files

Comment

5 of 7

5 of 7
                Attached Files

Comment

6 of 7

6 of 7
                  Attached Files

Comment

7 of 7

7 of 7.
                    And the reverse is a mirror image.
                    Attached Files

Comment

From The Images, I Believe This To Be A Proper Piece. I Do Not Think It Has The Quality Of Such Items Made For The Ss-vt Or Ss-tkv. It Is Likely An Early Allgemeine Trumpet Banner.
                      I Wonder How PerRy's Piece Turned Out. I Like The Piece But Not The Stamp. Looks Like A Hands On Was Necessary With That Piece. That Likely Hung In A Hallway On A Rod Or In Fromt Of A Podium Or Opera Box. There Would Be No Way With The Fixed Loops To Attach It To A Trumpet.

Comment

Hi Tim..........

With my photoshop scan at low DPI's not above 100.
                        Save to my documents and then my pictures......

When cropping, the size should appear at the bottom,
                        do about 5 below on each dimension and it should load up.

CHEERS,
                        John

Comment

Take it back!

I took this down to the SOS and had universally negative remarks about it.
                          Showed it to Bob Hritz and the goodly gentleman from the Cracked Pot and here is what I heard from them as well as others. Was trying to sell it till I heard these things, then I withdrew it from offer.
                          Took it back to original owner of last 35 years and told him too. Full refund was made to me.

SS Runes too small.
                          SS Runes on both sides instead of a skull on one side.
                          Cotton fringe instead of wire bullion fringe.
                          Cotton fringe sample went up in flames faster than det. cord!
                          Sewing on the SS Runes was crudely done.
                          Glowed faintly under blacklight. (Have heard that drycleaning and/or washing with modern detergents CAN cause this. I don't know. Comments?)

I suppose that there is a 3% CHANCE that this is real; maybe an art project by a local Hitler Youth for a Allgemeine SS Standarte in the middle of nowhere Germany, but the doubt was just too great.

Tim

Comment

Hi Tim, thanks for the update on the banner. Glad things worked out OK for you.

Re cleaning and blacklight glow: I have had uniforms dry cleaned and they exhibit zero glow. I have also had occasion to wash some items, some do glow as a result whereas other do not. I guess this comes down to the type of soap powder used? This is a subject which has received a lot of discussion on the forum in the past. A search on "blacklight" should find them?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X