Thule officer cufftitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thule officer cufftitle

This cufftitle is part of a large grouping from the estate of Sturmbannfuhrer Alfred Arnold Jr., KIA in October, 1944 in Latvia. This is the only SS cufftitle I own that is not on a uniform. As this title is not often encountered, I thought it might be of interest to the Forum
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

title close-up
      Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting cuff title!

Some sharper images would surely please many viewers eyes

"Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

yes, the big nice Arnold group

This is exact the same title as show on p.119 in Wade Krawczig & Peter v Lukacs book "Waffen-SS Uniforms & Insignia".

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
            Very interesting cuff title!

Some sharper images would surely please many viewers eyes

"Felix" - N. Hansson
            Sorry. My camera is a good one. I seem to have problems with close up images. It is likely me, not the camera

Comment

[quote=Robert H;1811234]yes, the big nice Arnold group

Robert-
              You are among the few who have had the opportunity to see all of the material. See you again at the SOS for a few meals and drinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
                Sorry. My camera is a good one. I seem to have problems with close up images. It is likely me, not the camera
                Set the subject for photographing in a upwards, straight on position, instead of downwards, I have encountered the same problems when trying to get closeups by photographing in a downwards fashion.

tip: get a white sheet background and drape over something semi solid with natural daylight shining through the material from behind.

place the cufftitle on the drape and photograph with no flash, use a tripod for best results. I recently used this method to photo in closeup, a load of award badges I am selling on my militarycapbox web site. This was the only method that actually worked for me and I think it would work for you .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X