Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Tunic!

Dear friends,collectors,
    This earth-brown tunic, come from family, in Italy, come from Germany after the war with an Italian prisoner of War in KZ.
    After released the KZ by the US soldiers, they gived some old tunics stockaged in the KZ to change the cloths of prisoners to return back at home in Italy.
    The tunic was gived without buttons and insigna, the prisoner sewn on the tunic some italian buttons to close the tunic.
    Here it is.
    THE WOOL VERSION OF THE EARTH-BROWN TOTENKOPVERBANDE 35/36 TUNIC?
    There isnt tags in cloth (maybe one time) and the number of size "48" is very very light visible in the correct position in the lining on the back, is used and washed.
    It's almost identical at my HBT Totenkopfverbande tunic and have all the characteristics.
    In the Beaver book it's writed in the pages 927/928/929 that this tunic in this color (earth-brown) was permitted ONLY in the confines of the KZ, without exception.
    I will be very happy to share knowledge with all of you about this early and not very knowed Tunics
    Thankyou
    BY Lorenz
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lorenz; 01-24-2007, 07:28 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenz View Post
                Dear friends,collectors,
                This earth-brown tunic, come from family, in Italy, come from Germany after the war with an Italian prisoner of War in KZ.
                After released the KZ by the US soldiers, they gived some old tunics stockaged in the KZ to change the cloths of prisoners to return back at home in Italy.
                The tunic was gived without buttons and insigna, the prisoner sewn on the tunic some italian buttons to close the tunic.
                Here it is.
                THE WOOL VERSION OF THE EARTH-BROWN TOTENKOPVERBANDE 35/36 TUNIC?
                There isnt tags in cloth (maybe one time) and the number of size "48" is very very light visible in the correct position in the lining on the back, is used and washed.
                It's almost identical at my HBT Totenkopfverbande tunic and have all the characteristics.
                In the Beaver book it's writed in the pages 927/928/929 that this tunic in this color (earth-brown) was permitted ONLY in the confines of the KZ, without exception.
                I will be very happy to share knowledge with all of you about this early and not very knowed Tunics
                Thankyou
                BY Lorenz
                Dear Lorenz, The story that you tell about where these tunics come from is true as if you look at one of the AFTER THE BATTLE magazines there are some photos showing some former KZ prisoners being given various items of ss clothing without the badges i think it was dach, sorry about my spelling. I dont know what issue of magazine these photos appeared one of the later issues. Regards Fusilier.

Comment

Hi Fusilier,
                  Thankyou very much for your infos and contribution, could be very nice see this pictures, you cannt remember where you saw them?
                  I would like to invite all friends collectors that have pics of the original pieces or pics of the war time that show this paricolar types of early tunics (light version and wool version) in wear in the KZ to post them, I looking for all infos possibles on this tunics.
                  I have only the few pics showed on the Beaver book to study...
                  Thankyou in advance for your help.
                  By Lorenz

Originally posted by fusilier View Post
                  Dear Lorenz, The story that you tell about where these tunics come from is true as if you look at one of the AFTER THE BATTLE magazines there are some photos showing some former KZ prisoners being given various items of ss clothing without the badges i think it was dach, sorry about my spelling. I dont know what issue of magazine these photos appeared one of the later issues. Regards Fusilier.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenz View Post
                    Hi Fusilier,
                    Thankyou very much for your infos and contribution, could be very nice see this pictures, you cannt remember where you saw them?
                    I would like to invite all friends collectors that have pics of the original pieces or pics of the war time that show this paricolar types of early tunics (light version and wool version) in wear in the KZ to post them, I looking for all infos possibles on this tunics.
                    I have only the few pics showed on the Beaver book to study...
                    Thankyou in advance for your help.
                    By Lorenz
                    Dear Lorenz, Thank you for your reply. You will find these photos as i mentioned in my previous reply. In one of the later editions of AFTER THE BATTLE MAGAZINE. sorry i dont know what number. Regards Fusilier.

Comment

Hi Friends,
                      The earth-Brown tunic have also a very clear traces of cufftitle and a lighter trace of SS sleeve eagle, in the correct position on the sleeve.
                      Lorenz

Originally posted by fusilier View Post
                      Dear Lorenz, Thank you for your reply. You will find these photos as i mentioned in my previous reply. In one of the later editions of AFTER THE BATTLE MAGAZINE. sorry i dont know what number. Regards Fusilier.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X