• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Does the underside of the peak have the standard cross hatching? It appears smooth to my eyes.

Comment

Can you post a shot of the underside of the sweatband where the TK is attached? Even better of we could see the pasteboard in that area.

Comment

Hi Nick, here pictures as you request. Sorry, I can't do better, because I don't want pull more on the liner because I don't want break thread.
            Sincerely
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

As a general rule I don't like SS visors with makers marks but from the pics I can see nothing wrong with this one.

Comment

Same here, I can't see any red flags based on these photos. The peak is definitely vulcanfibre, you can just about see the fibres in photo 6.

I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                    Same here, I can't see any red flags based on these photos. The peak is definitely vulcanfibre, you can just about see the fibres in photo 6.

I like it!

Yes fibers on the top of the peak - but if it is not cross hatched on the underside then it would not be for my collection.

Comment

I don't know Tony, there's enough genuine caps out there with smooth peaks for me to question that logic.

Here's a recent one.
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=189054

Comment

For me the question is more of "is it Vulcan fiber?" or not. I have seen a lot of Vulcan fiber visors with light crosshatching and/or very heavy paint and lacquer. In pics the crosshatching will not show on these.

Comment

In the years I have been looking at the Forums I have not seen one authentic SS visor cap with a Vulkan Fiber peak, with a smooth underside. Lets see some photos Ben.

Nick could be on the right track if it has a light cross hatching and thick paint.

Comment

For me I would say this one is Vulcan fiber. It has the right look, color and checking. My guess is a heavy coat of paint on the underside.

Comment

Sorry Tony, I didn't explain myself properly. Instead of smooth, I should have said, peaks where the x-hatching is not visible. Like Nick said, sometimes the paint and lacquer is so thick, you can't see it.

Comment

Here's another "smooth" peak!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by BenVK; 01-18-2007, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X