"K" Scull......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"K" Scull......

Hello all, befor I post this on the e-stand I need an aproval.... It is the only collar I did not get from a vet. but from a very old colection. so.....
    Thank you.
    Marc
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

I am no expert on these to be sure, but it is what sure looks like an origina RZM tag and the correct buckram backing, both good signs. I like it. Let's see what the others have to say.

Comment

Hello Marc!

Im sorry but I think this tab is a reproduction. The quality of the embroidery of the skull and of the K is not of the high quality you expect. The rzm tag on the back should be an F tag to be correct. Its also a bit strange that the twisted sliver/black border has very oxidised silver when there is no oxidation of the skull.

Im sorry to give you a negative opinion.

Best wishes,
        "Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
          Hello Marc!

Im sorry but I think this tab is a reproduction. The quality of the embroidery of the skull and of the K is not of the high quality you expect. The rzm tag on the back should be an F tag to be correct. Its also a bit strange that the twisted sliver/black border has very oxidised silver when there is no oxidation of the skull.

Im sorry to give you a negative opinion.

Best wishes,
          "Felix" - N. Hansson
          Good observation about the F code. I can't believe I overloooked that. I still think it looks like an original tag, but could very well have ben added to this piece to increase its appeal.

Comment

Interesting,...

Comment

Marc, Here is a picture of my Scull "K" tab to compare too. Grant.
              Attached Files

Comment

Back side.
                Attached Files

Comment

This one was posted before (by someone else) and was a direct vet find..........
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guy's, thank you for the info so far. There is no secret, the one I posted came from the Andrew Mollo colection. At the time he sold his SS colection, he made small lots of items and I was buying his buckles and ended up with this tab and a cuff. Marc

Comment

Ok, since I was the negative guy here I will post another K tab that I have downloaded. I will remove the pic if the owner complains.

Actually there is a lack of good pics of K tabs on the forums. Skull should ofcourse be like on other bullion skull tabs.

Note that I expressed my opions about the K tab you posted Marc. Obviously others have had questions about it as well. And Im not going to sabotage your sale so I will shut up from now on.

All the best,

"Felix" - N. hansson
                      Attached Files

Comment

Some very nice tabs, yes there are very very good faked ones out that even fool the experienced collectors these days.

Comment

Felix ! Nice tab, it is just plain wicked ! If the tab that started this thread is real I would reject it for the low embroidery quality. Given the wrong tag and everything I would have to say it's bad. The fakes just seem to lack the tightness of the originals. And the eagle eye on the oxidation was spot on, I didn't think about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                            Ok, since I was the negative guy here I will post another K tab that I have downloaded. I will remove the pic if the owner complains.

Actually there is a lack of good pics of K tabs on the forums. Skull should ofcourse be like on other bullion skull tabs.

Note that I expressed my opions about the K tab you posted Marc. Obviously others have had questions about it as well. And Im not going to sabotage your sale so I will shut up from now on.

All the best,

"Felix" - N. hansson
                            Felix,

I do not complain. It too was a direct vet gift over 40 years ago.

Ron C.

Comment

Ho problem Felix, I need to know what I'm selling. If it is treu I colected 125 cuffs and around 50 collars over the past 4 years, 95% of them came from veterans or their family. ( I posted on this matter over the years) but this not make me an expert on the subject, not even a novice. So if there are fakes in the 5% of items I got from other sources, I need to know, especialy we are talking lots of $$$$.
                              Marc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X