Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS red Fez

hi the ss collector,
    I have seen this ss fez, and a good feeling for this one....and you?
    best regards
    Wolfy.

If you want to use it only to strip and use the insignia on another cap, you'd better leave it...

Comment

Hi,

The insignia is very nice and original. (I can't comment on the hat itself as this is not my field.)

Rgds
      Pål

Comment

Wolften,
        You need to be very careful with Red Fez's. I posted on I had in my collection several months ago and it ended turning into a huge 5 page debate on replaced insignia.

Most originals revealed a red thred outline of the insignia when viewed from the inside. I would consider this practice to be "text book" over any other thread color.

Next the type of Totenkopf used was very scrutinized in the post. Mine was a narrow jaw type. I'll post a foto here. The next most common type of TK for the fez had more of a broad jaw. I have no examples to show you but if you go back and research the fez thread you will see it for comparison. The TK on your fex does not match the narrow jaw mine was or the broad jaw varient I'm not saying this one is bad but it does not conform to the two types known to be used on the Fez. In the end, you have to happy with it. For me, I'm only happy with text book examples.

Sepp
        Attached Files

Comment

Both types of insignia are fine originals and among the types originally found on fezzes.

In that other thread, one individual made some as yet unfounded claims that someone was at one time replacing the original insignia on fezzes with fakes in such a manner that the new stitching could not be detected. Whether such a magical sewing feat is possible or not, anyone who knows original BeVo insignia from fake would not have been fooled anyway, so the point was moot. In the case of the fez which started that thread, it semed to boil down to his lack of knowledge about BeVo insignia.

Like I said, both styles are correct.

Comment

Wolften - that is a very nice original.

Originally posted by Josef Hahne View Post
            Wolften,
            You need to be very careful with Red Fez's. I posted on I had in my collection several months ago and it ended turning into a huge 5 page debate on replaced insignia.
            These are actually the easiest of all SS headgear to learn and detect fakes, in my honest opinion. Your fez is also a good original, and that thread became nothing short of ridiculous.

Comment

Hi Wolfy,
              I believe your fez is a fake as all original fez should look like this.........
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

thanks my friend !
                  insigina ok very thanks ! but removed on the good ss fez or this item is untouched ?
                  other picture :

regard
                  your friend Wolfy.

Comment

The fez looks totaly original to me Wolfy. I had one that was the brother of this one, same size too.

Comment

thanks again my ss collector friend !!! your help is important for me, because I don't have your ss feeling...
                      it's rare to find a ss item untouched now, with the real ss bevo insigina not removed.
                      lol no I don't want removed this real bevo insigina for my 43 cap lol
                      I lik this funny pictures Brett Dixon, are you a magicien ?

best regards
                      Wolfy.

Comment

Hi Wolfy,
                        No, I'm not a magician...

I found these pics on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                          Both types of insignia are fine originals and among the types originally found on fezzes.

In that other thread, one individual made some as yet unfounded claims that someone was at one time replacing the original insignia on fezzes with fakes in such a manner that the new stitching could not be detected. Whether such a magical sewing feat is possible or not, anyone who knows original BeVo insignia from fake would not have been fooled anyway, so the point was moot. In the case of the fez which started that thread, it semed to boil down to his lack of knowledge about BeVo insignia.

Like I said, both styles are correct.
                          I think that "lack of knowledge" is a far cry from the facts. I see somethings simply do not change.

LUCKYFEZ

Comment

Originally posted by LUCKYFEZ View Post
                            I think that "lack of knowledge" is a far cry from the facts. I see somethings simply do not change.

LUCKYFEZ
                            We are all still anxiously awaiting the photos of the original solid silver peaked cap insignia you told us you have in your collection while sharing some more of your knowledge with us on another thread.

Where are they?

Comment

"We are all still anxiously awaiting the photos of the original solid silver peaked cap insignia you told us you have in your collection while sharing some more of your knowledge with us on another thread.

Where are they?"

Re-read your PM's and you'll have the answer. I am detecting sarcasm in your tone, yet your tone was sure different on the numerous PM's you sent me.

As for solid silver TK's......well its a known fact that the following SS members wore them, and there are several authentic examples in numerous collections (including my own) of some artifacts from these very individuals:

Sepp Dietrich
                              Heinrich Himmler
                              Kurt Meyer
                              Oswald Pohl (SP)

These like most insignia were custom made. I am not saying that there are solid silver insignia by the bush loads, I am simply stating that there are period pieces from the above mentioned that prove some were worn. Not issued, but worn none the less. For members who could afford pieces of insignia like these for their uniforms (dress, or whatever) there were plenty of Berlin craftsman that could make them. I am not sure why some find this is so debated by some? Simply because some members/ "experts" here have not handled these types of pieces, does not detract from their existance nor authentisity. The very best pieces seldom if ever hit the market, therefore limiting the exposure of these pieces in the general collecting hobby. Before I posted my reply, I re-read the numerous PM's you sent me, and I must say that your tone on this thread shocks me. Lets just agree to disagree.

LUCKYFEZ
                              Last edited by LUCKYFEZ; 01-16-2007, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X