UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deutschland Cuff Title - Advice Please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutschland Cuff Title - Advice Please!!!

Hi Everybody!

I need a little advice please. Tomorrow, I'm viewing a Deutschland cuff title, man's, gothic script. The person who presently has it, is probably the leading collector in my locale, so fingers crossed, there shouldn't be any problem but you never can tell.

Unfortunately, I don't have any photos yet, though if tomorrow goes to plan, I'll be posting some tomorrow evening. So, I realise this isn't the easiest thing to ask of you all but can anyone give me any tips / clues.

The collector informs me that the title checks out perfectly with Ulric's guide to SS Cuffs.

So, your thoughts please, as forewarned is fore-armed.

All the best,
    Toby.

Hi TobyR;

If you purchase it tomorrow, see if the seller will give you a return period. If he doesn't then personally I wouldn't purchase it no matter who it's from. If he allows you a return period, then post some photos of it here after you purchase it. Just saying that it matches the one in Ulrics book doesn't mean anything. Ulric has some good pix but you still have to know what you are looking at and what to look for based on what type of band it is.
    Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Thanks all for the replies. Something I notice from Gary's pictures is the change in direction of the embroidery in the letters, i.e. from horizontal to vertical, depending upon the part of the letter. I have a Luftwaffe Afrika cuff title which also has this directional variation.

Is this, i.e. the change in thread direction, an indicator?

Thanks again,
      Toby.

Comment

Well, I've gone and done it, bought it that is (paid by cheque so I have some time to decide). I have a good feeling about this but then that's nothing to go by. The thread directions looks right and I suppose there's just something about it... but please, give me your thoughts.

Thanks again.

All the best,
        Toby.
        Attached Files

Comment

And here's a close up:
          Attached Files

Comment

And here's one of the reverse:

PS I forgot to mention that it is just short of 41cm long.
            Attached Files

Comment

Toby,
              Nice cuff band nothing wrong with that,
              cheers,
              gary

Comment

Gary,

Thanks for the okay. I shall sleep like the proverbial baby now!

All the best,
                Toby.

Comment

Hi Toby;

You did well!
                  Best regards,

Tony

Comment

I've been doing a little research...

Hi Everybody,

First of all, thanks to all who took the time to reply to my post.

Secondly, as you may have guessed SS cuff titles are not my field, so I've been doing a bit of research and I just wanted to know if I'm correct in my findings.

According to my findings the cuff title illustrated refers to SS-VT Deutschland, and was manufactured between 1936 and 1939. So far, so good? The SS-VT Deutschland ceased to exist in April 1940, when it became SS-V Division (accompanied by a change in the script used).

As such is it fair to say that this cuff title could have been worn up until April 1940?

If I am correct, how does this affect the rarity of this cuff title? Are the cuff titles for Deutschland with Gothic script (i.e. SS-VT Deutschland rarer than the later ones in non-Gothic script?

Also, and I don't really like asking opinions about value, but what do is a fair market price for a collar such as this one, i.e. a bit of damage and removed from a tunic?

Thank you all for your time.

All the best,
                    Toby.

Comment

Hi Toby,

Deutschland titles in block letters ssem to be somewhat rarer and thus command a higher price.

Denis
                      "Wir Deutschen fürchten Gott und sonst nichts auf der Welt " BISMARCK

Comment

Deutschland Cuff Values

Hi Toby,

Your cuff band was worn throughout the war, The block lettering was meant to replace it(1939/40) but never did and as such is the rarer variant. As to value I have 2 Deutschland Gothic RZM bands(No BeVo version ever produced!). One is near full length and I paid £240 for it about 5 years ago the other is about 9 inches long and I paid £210 for it both are similarly worn as yours. being a SS VT collecter you can't have enough titles!!
                        The harder SS VT title to fingd is the Other Ranks Gothic Der Fuhrer, plenty of officers flat wire, but you see few other ranks the one I have is cut down to 6 inches just covers the title!

Hope this helps

Cheers

Mark

PS Cuff titles have reached silly values so you can probaby double my initial purchase prices at least.

Comment

Hi,
                          what value do flatwire AH have ,
                          Merdock

Comment

Mark,

Just to say thank you for your informative post re. the timeline for the Deutschland Cuff Title. Most helpful.

All the best,
                            Toby.

Comment

Sleeveband

Very nice piece!
                              Erich
                              Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X