Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterdays find

Hi
    Got this from a lday at my work. It all belonged to her father.
    Does any one know what kind of SS pin he is wearing?
    Does any one know the beer mug or what kind of ring this is?
    Thanks
    AJ
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by Rob Johnson; 01-09-2007, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry AJ - didn't realize you were still posting, so I moved my reply down.

It looks like a SS-Zivilabzeichen but I have seen other period non- SS-ZA pins in the same size.

Very nice photo.

Since you know the woman you got these from, can you tell us his name? Or does she wish to remain anonymous?

SS-ZA were numbered and attributed so if you have a name, you may be able to find out if it is in fact a SS-ZA. I say "may" because some collectors (myself included) keep track of SS membership and SS-ZA numbers, and with a name and a SS number you might - if you are lucky - be able to match up a SS-ZA number.

Rob

Comment

Hi
              Thanks for your reply.
              I do not want show his name in public, you will understand why.
              Best regards
              Alex

Comment

AJ-

Totally understandable about not wanting to reveal the name.

I'll tell you, he bares a striking resemblance to this guy, although if you look at their left ears, I don't think they're the same guy. But you have to admit, the resemblance is uncanny!

PS: I don't know who the current owner of this photo is. It was sold here on the estand a while ago (I MISSED IT!!! ) I am always looking for SS-Standarte 1 "Julius Schreck" items so I downloaded it to my archive. If the current owner sees this and does not want the photo displayed please contact me and I will gladly remove it.

Rob
                Last edited by Rob Johnson; 01-09-2007, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Hi AJ

The gentleman is, as Rob stated, wearing a SS-Zivilabzeichen. It is difficult to tell which variant it is, though I presuming it is a Hoffstatter pin.

Attached is picture of Richard Darre wearing his pin and SS-Zivilabzeichen. The image is taken from 'The SS Leadership Corps" by Max Williams (highly recommended read by the way)

I am pretty sure that the ring is some form of vets ring. I am sure I have seen one before, but cannot place where.

I presume that the stein is to celebrate the Nurnberg rallies.

Raymond

PS If anyone has any photographs like AJ's with a SS-Zivilabzeichen being worn then please PM me.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi
                    Thanks for the replies. Alg. SS is m´not my field of collecting. I presume that this fellow on my photo was a member of the Alg SS?
                    Who wore those SS pins, all members of the Alg. SS or was he just a supporter or a recruit for the Allg. SS ?

Any chance to trace him?

Thanks
                    AJ

Comment

Hi AJ

Only members of the SS could wear them. They were a paid for item and not an award and were issued until approximately 1939.

There are various ways you could try and trace him. The more information you have then the more chance you have of getting a result.

1. Search the internet. You never know, you may get lucky

2. Search each Dienstaltersliste

3. Ask a researcher to try and trace him. This of course costs.

4. If he was Waffen-SS, you could try research CD's such as John Moore's.

5. Post the details you have and hope a member helps you. I can understand that this may be sensitive and respect that you do not wish to have the name in the public domain.

Nice photograph, AJ

Raymond

Comment

>Attached is picture of Richard Darre wearing his pin and SS-Zivilabzeichen.<

I believe you meant Walter Darre.

Great pic and thread.

Comment

Hi

His full name is Richard Walther Darré, though I think he was more commonly known as Walther.

Apologies for the confusion and thanks for pointing it out.

Raymond

Comment

Thanks For The Further Explication - And Correct European Spelling; In The Us We Usually Get "walter."

Comment

Thanks For The Further Explication - And Correct European Spelling; In The US We Usually Get "Walter."

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X